Pair of Mirror Caps - Brand New Takeoff From 2012 - Storm, Taupe, Laby

430HP70

ive got a brand new set of take off covers from a 2012 silverado. wa 707s or 62 ggw paint codes. Storm, Taupe, Labyrinth & Galaxy Grey. no chips, no bugs, no scratches. theyre missing 2 tabs on one and 1/2 a tab on the other although theyre not needed. $90 obo Shipped through Paypal. thanks, Tim

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Tim, if you don't mind me asking, how do you remove the mirror caps?

Nevermind. I just searched and found some good instruction in this thread. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127670

theres no way to save the lower tabs unless you remove both the upper and lower halves of the mirror. i was able to dislodge the top after taping it off and using a plastic piece to pop it out. that allowed me to see the tabs on the bottom and release 2 of the 3. the 3rd is impossible imho without pulling the lower half off as well. i tried fishing some tig wire into the mirror and popping up the back of the tab, but i still couldnt get it. remember that the top has 4 locking tabs, but they differ from the bottom 3 and cannot be harmed. its the lower three that are a pita and easily snap. i spent over an hour and ended up with 1 left on one mirror and 2.5 on the second. they are NOT needed though and fasten with double sided tape. i revised the price although they dont matter.

Archived