wheel offset

today i pulled of to a 2 lane redlight in in the left hand lane was a GMT800 Suburban 2500, in the right hand lane a GMT800 Suburban 1500. what i noticed is that the rear wheels on the 2500 are more under the vehicle almost like the axle is not as wide, and on the 1500, they stick out a little bit more, like they have more offset, they look normal on the 1500. both had stock 16' rims. why is it like this?

today i pulled of to a 2 lane redlight in in the left hand lane was a GMT800 Suburban 2500, in the right hand lane a GMT800 Suburban 1500. what i noticed is that the rear wheels on the 2500 are more under the vehicle almost like the axle is not as wide, and on the 1500, they stick out a little bit more, like they have more offset, they look normal on the 1500. both had stock 16' rims. why is it like this?

Wonder if that 2500 was just a weird one or there all like that ?

I think the 2500 might have 6.5" wide wheels and the 1500 might have 7.5" wide wheels which would make the tires sit wider and give it a wider stance. ... Just a guess.

I think the 2500 might have 6.5" wide wheels and the 1500 might have 7.5" wide wheels which would make the tires sit wider and give it a wider stance. ... Just a guess.

Does the narrower wheel hold more weight like those RV wheels ? I always thought those RV/Trailer wheels looked scary with that much weight .

thats what i was thinking

The 2500 suburbans did come with 6.5" wheels and 245 tires and the 1500 came with 7.5" wheels and 265 tires.

This could explain part of the difference. I dont know about the axles but I can't imagine the 2500 would have an axle that is narrower than the 1500.

Archived