Chevy's new 2013 Nameplate

Caprice, built off the same platform that the G8 was and Camaro is. It is to replace the Impala and be built in GM's Detroit Hamtramick plant next to the 2013 Malibu and Volt.

Of course this is all speculation........... :rolleyes:

Oh this is good news... Wife wanted a G8, but she doesn't want a used car that is no longer in production. However, she is on board with a Chevy version of the G8..

I want a G8, I don't mind that it isn't in production. I want one with the 6.0, and they're $20k right now, so it'll prolly be a few years until it happens. It's gotta compete with the idea of a boat or offroader too, so who knows if it'll happen... :driving:

This will be in addition to revised Impala...

Sweet. I wonder if the Impala will be rear wheel drive or possibly offer all-wheel drive.

Impala will remain FWD, as it will be sharing the same chassis as the LaCrosse and Caddy XTS (stretched version of the same chassis the 2013 Malibu uses).

I think the "new" nameplate will be applied to a U.S. version of the updated Aussie RWD Commodore/Caprice. But that's just a guess.

Impala will remain FWD, as it will be sharing the same chassis as the LaCrosse and Caddy XTS (stretched version of the same chassis the 2013 Malibu uses).

I think the "new" nameplate will be applied to a U.S. version of the updated Aussie RWD Commodore/Caprice. But that's just a guess.

After further research and email exchange I stand corrected. The Impala will be build in D/Ham on the Episilon II platform as a front drive vehicle. However, the detective edition Caprice still has plans to be a consumer grade vehicle with uplevel interior and exterior treatments.

We've had one for quite a while now...I drove it, pretty beastly 6.0

Even the police package (that we have) has a nice in-dash screen....

The front end is uglier than the G8 IMO

Hopefully it looks good. I dont like the looks of the G8. What am I talking about, I wouldn't buy a car unless I needed a gas sipper just to beat bang to work. Maybe when I'm older like my dad I'll want a car for pleasure. He's had 4 Vettes and a Dodge Charger since 2002. Now he drives a 4runner, LOL.

We've had one for quite a while now...I drove it, pretty beastly 6.0

Even the police package (that we have) has a nice in-dash screen....

The front end is uglier than the G8 IMO

A caprice? Can we get some pics?

Archived