I look stuff up on Crutchfield to find what I need and read the reviews but I buy my equipment from other sources...Sonicelectronix.com as mentioned above is pretty hard to beat..

Once your head unit is replaced it opens up endless ways to set up your system..

Ive bought a bunch of speakers thru crutchfield.. You gotta watch the deals for buy 1 get 1 1/2 price..

Besides that crutchfield offers a lot for free when you buy speakers and or headunits.. They give excellent directions on where every bolt / clip is on the door / dash to take apart. and they give the adapters for free to connect the speaker so you dont have to hardwire. And for headunits they give all that plus install kits the the model vehicle.

So really when you add up all the free stuff and the time and frustration it saves you, sometimes it not worth it to save a couple bucks on another site. Besides that ususally all my orders have shipped to my door is 2-3 days and knowledgeable customers service is always a plus.

• 4 weeks later...

And forgot to mention.

On my 1990 Chevrolet 1500.

I had to replace the entire antenna - mast and wire - a couple of times. Seem moisture/rust would get inside the wire from antenna - radio.

Archived