ADC Mobile's OGM-1 install - Round One: WDTV Live/New USB/Streamin

This cable will soon be available for purchase separately, so if you're bummed about the current MediaLink pod, this might be an option for you - I heard it will be about $50...

Any idea when this cable will be available? What does it actually look like? Is it the aux/usb in your pic?

Got a part number on it and ordered 6 of them yesterday - they will run $55 plus shipping. It's a full replacement that's 50" long instead of 38" and will pretty much plug into the same hole as the factory USB jack (you have to shave about 1/64" off the "ribs" on the outside of the new piece to get it to fit in the factory GM hole).

If anyone wants one, PM me or shoot me an email from our website.

Here's what it looks like in the center pocket on an LT style dash compared to the existing MediaLink pod (it almost looks like it was made for this application!):

IMAG1078.JPG

Installed in the center glovebox factory spot (I lengthened my USB cable to give me more room to manipulate my relays and stuff for my WDTV install, but you "should" be able to do this install with the additional length on the cable - it may be tight...):

IMAG1119.JPG

IMAG1181.JPG

IMAG1184.JPG

IMAG1190.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Walt what are you using to power these?

They run on12V! That's what's so beautiful about this mod.

The "wall wart" that comes with it is just a 120v AC to 12v DC converter.

It "plugs and plays" in the car...

FYI: Just got an email from ECost.com - WDTV's for $29...

Might be worth picking up one if you're even thinking about this mod...

(I just bought two)

Shipping was a little high, $12.15 for ground, but I bought one just in case I decide to go this route. Thanks for the heads-up. Might be hearing from me soon, as I might end up going with this and the backup camera toggle as well.

FYI: Just got an email from ECost.com - WDTV's for $29...

Might be worth picking up one if you're even thinking about this mod...

(I just bought two)

Shipping was a little high, $12.15 for ground, but I bought one just in case I decide to go this route. Thanks for the heads-up. Might be hearing from me soon, as I might end up going with this and the backup camera toggle as well.

Honestly, that's why I bought two - shipping was only $13.44, so the total came out to be $73.42. I'm CERTAIN I'll be able to put the second one to good use... :ughdance:

Archived