2007 GMC Sierra 1500 W/T

I ordered the ogm1 and got a back up camera (camera source) anyways the instructions are confusing about the junction block under the driverside dash. Basically the 2 wires don't exist (well the dark blue reverse one at least) it says X14 1 pin is a ground, not sure if I trust anymore of this appendix because the wire isn't there. The appendix says 2008-2012 I got a late 2007. I guess things where different for the half year? Or am I missing something?

PICTURES:

THE DIAGRAM:

IMAG0076.jpg

WHAT I GOT

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

there is a plug that goes in the X14 to get the power , look up retained accesory power .

the upfitters use that spot on the distribution block

here it is

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109163&hl=RAP how-to on NBS&st=0

and the GM part # for the plug is 20791502

check the back side of the block fort the dark blue wire it may not be on the front side

there is a plug that goes in the X14 to get the power , look up retained accesory power .

the upfitters use that spot on the distribution block

here it is

http://www.gm-trucks...on NBS&st=0

and the GM part # for the plug is 20791502

check the back side of the block fort the dark blue wire it may not be on the front side

AS FOR X10

Great! I was confused until I read the last part of your post. I need X10 PIN 8 for reverse power as per diagram and there was no wire out the front I will check the back tomorrow. Could I stick the wire in the front instead of splicing the wire if I get reverse power there?

AS FOR X14

Can I just use a spade connector instead?

I only need X14 for a ground (PIN 1). But after reading that thread Im also re routing my SIRIUS dock and play to above dash and while Im at it I want to get rid of the static I get from using a cigarrette lighter behind the dash (piggy backed off a dash cig lighter) and I think I got my answer to that with this X14 plug! Now to figure out how to split the sirius 12v plug into 2 wires....

you need to get QUICK DISCONNECT FEMALE .110 TERMINAL and that will plug one the spade on the block . I purchased mine from ebay they work well

That would be if I avoided the Plug completely and went for the one ground spade I need? (X14 1 pin)

if you don't want to buy the plug you can do what the person did in post # 62 with shrink tubing

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109163&st=60

you can get the female part at the dealer they should all have them , they are in trays/bins and there are lots of types get the right ones

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 W/T

I ordered the ogm1 and got a back up camera (camera source) anyways the instructions are confusing about the junction block under the driverside dash. Basically the 2 wires don't exist (well the dark blue reverse one at least) it says X14 1 pin is a ground, not sure if I trust anymore of this appendix because the wire isn't there. The appendix says 2008-2012 I got a late 2007. I guess things where different for the half year? Or am I missing something?

The reverse light feed should be a dark blue wire in position P1 in the X1 connector on the BACK of the junction block (see below, middle image - WARNING: the pin position listing below shows the pin assignments & wiring for a 2011 Silverado - presented here to show the similarity to 2007 schematic assignments).

According to the schematic (below) for the 2007 Silverado, reverse 12v should ALSO be in X10, pin 8. For that matter, it should be dark blue at the BCM connector X5 (BROWN PLUG) in pin 11...

07_silverado_backup.gif

left_ip_rear.JPG

x1.jpg

Walt (if that's you) thanks for your reply I found the blue wire in the back and have it all figured out. Contacting you was my last resort. monty helped me figure it out through pm I forgot how these junction blocks work. I'm gonna use a gm female connector to plug into the front of the junction for reverse power and a small spade female connector for ground in X14. As opposed to piggy backing wires.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...

Archived