09 Cashmere leather turning brown?

My front leather seats, especially on the outside seat panels, are turning brown and starting to look awfully worn. If i go too long they will accumulate a ton of dirt, which requires scrubbing to get it out. Then i use ample amounts of conditioner but it always starts to turn brown again quickly, and of course there are creases that will recede a lot when conditioned.

Anyone know of any tricks or anything that would prevent this from happening over and over or is this just the way leather goes?

My dad's tan colored leather in his 2001 Olds has completely demolished itself. They started to turn brown and worn much like you describe. In the nature of work he does though it was only a matter of time before the leather gave up. While it was still semi-new we used Meguiars leather conditioner/cleaner on it. Looked really well. Don't park in direct sunlight...

Sometimes the conditioner itself is the culprit. Why not just use mild soap and water? What does the manual say to use? The only parts that are leather are the actual seating surfaces, rest is just "genuine Naugahyde".

There used to be a foam cleaner that the GM dealer sold to clean leather...sadly they discontinued it. Perhaps there's a replacement now? Maybe some sort of leather scotch guard might help? Just a thought.

Be interested to know what you find out as I'd like to have leather in my next truck and the tan leather is what I was considering....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived