Remington 700ADL Synthetic stock bolt torque

I have a Remington 700 ADL in .30-06. A few years ago and replaced the walnut stock with a Remington synthetic stock. At the time I just put the stock mounting screws snug but didn't check the torque on them.

I'm going to take the gun to the range next week and make sure it's still zeroed and everything is working fine. I want to check the bolts but don't have the torque specs handy. I can't find the manual that came with it either.

Does anybody know what the torque specs are for the Remington 700ADL with synthetic stock?

If it is standard bedding, meaning no glass bedding, pillar bedding or bedding blocks I would suggest no more than 45 inch pounds. In fact if it is a factory synthetic stock I would start at 35 inch pounds and check it and test fire it and go from there. In my experience some of the factory synthetic stocks can be a bit soft so start low and see what works best for your particuliar piece. Happy shooting. :)

Your trigger screws should be : 55-60 inch pounds for the front screw, 40-45 for the middle, and 15-20 for the rear. The rest of the screws should be at 45 inch pounds for the rest of the rifle. Make sure you torque them down evenly when you are putting it back together. Those are the Remington specs. from my .308 ADL Synthetic. Hope this helps.

Trigger screws? I only have two screws for the trigger guard, not 3.

Also, is yours the 700? I found the manual online and this is what is says...

TO ASSEMBLE MODELS WITHOUT A FLOOR PLATE:

1. Put the magazine follower and the spring into the magazine.

2. Put the stock over the receiver and trigger assembly.

3. Replace and tighten the trigger guard (stock) screws. For the Model 710™ the user must adhere to the

following torque specifications: Front screw - 55 to 60 inch pounds, Middle screw - 40 to 45 inch pounds

and Rear screw - 15 to 20 inch pounds of torque.

I just gives specific torque values for the 710 model, but not the 700.

Yes mine is an ADL model 700 .308, black synthetic stock.

The three screws I am talking and the ones you listed from owners manual are, the one in front of the trigger on the stock, the one right in front of he trigger guard, and the one right behind the trigger guard. (if yo ulook at the picture in that manual yo uwill realize where the third one is)

Your ADL does not have a floorplate magazine or detachable magazine correct? (if so it's the wrong stock)

Correct. No floorplate or detachable magazine. I called Remington Customer Service and they said just hand tight. I've heard the torque specs that you mentioned and was told around 30-35 in lbs. The one common answer was to just make sure that all 3 are torqued evenly.

I'm going to head to the range next week and start at 30 in-lbs and go from there.

When I was 15 and putting a 327 in my 57 Nomad, I asked my dad how tight should I tighten the flywheel bolts. He said tighten them all the way and then 3 more rounds.

I hope this helps :M16:

Archived