Take out leveling kit or lift the rear?

Ok I have had my RC 2" leveling kit on my truck for about 4 months now and love the look. We are planning to buy either a boat or camper soon and I am not a fan of the way it sits with a load on the back. So here is what I am thinking.

1. Remove leveling kit, don't have stock bolts or the clips, what are my options?

2. Add a leaf, anybody have any pros or cons to this?

3. Any other thoughts?

Like I said I just don't want to be driving with the nose in the air with something on the back. Thanks!

What about putting a larger block in the rear? That's what I did when I added my front level because I like the slightly raked look & I wanted it to sit fairly level when I load it full of gear to go camping.

I got mine from ReadyLift - the 3" Blocks.

That would probably be the easiest & cheapest way...

I have the daystar front leveling kit with firestone air bags in rear.I pull a 33' camper but also use a weight distribution hitch and sway bars.

I spoke with people at zone and rc and both companies offer 2 inch blocks. rc is 56 plus shipping and zone is 67 plus shipping. From the looks of it seems to be a pretty simple install. any thing i might run into?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same experience, so I went with an Add-a-leaf spring. I actually got about 2.5" of lift in the rear with it, and I can load it up with a boat or utility trailer full of stuff and it will sit level or just above level. It also helped get rid of the annoying slip yolk clunk.

I've heard good things about the firestone airbag systems, different presets for different loads, etc. Also won't defeat the purpose/looks of your leveling kit. Depending on how your trailer sits, it might also be as easy as a drop hitch if your tongue weight is too heavy or too high up...

Archived