Bowhunters, Where ya at?

were in texas do you hunt i have a wedding opening weekend and works taking up valuable stand time but ill be out there soon !!!i

Im in East Texas. Jacksonville to be exact.

I love bow hunting! Not too sure when season starts. New to Sc hunting dates

I would have checked those before I moved.

I work to live, but I live to hunt.

October 1st in Indiana.

My cousin started early today. HE was heading to the airport with his family to go to Disney and hit one by his house in nw Indiana

Ryan

Urban archery started Sept 1, but I haven't been yet. I am hoping to make it out tomorrow morning, but I haven't tried too hard to go before now. It's too warm and buggy, and I don't feel a sense of urgency with all the other stuff that needs to be done around the house while it's starting to cool down but isn't winter yet. Urban archery is doe only as well, and in the area I hunt I'm more likely to see a buck. The regular archery season opens up Oct. 6 and is either sex, but I'm going to miss opening weekend due to an out of state wedding. Then after gun season ends the urban archery (doe only) opens back up from Jan 7 through March 30. I haven't gotten one with my bow the last 2 years, mostly due to a lack of time in the woods during archery season, but I can pretty much guarantee 2-3 deer during muzzleloader and gun season. I hung my stands for the archery season over the last couple weeks, and I'm really hoping to tag something with the bow this year.

Went out this Sat and got poured on. Got fed up with the wind and rain around 9am, walked 50 yards heading out on my trail and busted 2 deer that would have walked by my stand in just a little while longer. Gave up for the morning. Went back in the evening to a different stand and the wind shifted on me at 5pm and didn't see a thing. No deer in the fields on the way home either, but my buddy called me the next morning and said there were 6 different sets of deer tracks in my boot prints by 9am on Sunday. No Sunday hunting for us in VA. I have a wedding to go to this weekend, but Monday will be a holiday and I'm hoping to give it another go.

I busted 2 does last year walking to the truck to get my TP, on three different occasions.

Maybe thats why I didnt see any deer. Too much time on the port-o-pooper and not enough in the stand.

I know, TMI.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a buck today! I shot it around 8:30 this morning...based on the arrow I knew it was a marginal shot. Went home and came back at 1pm and started tracking. Turned out to be one of the toughest tracking jobs I've done. My buddy helped, and after crawling through briars we ended up following tracks across his neighbors front yard. All said found it about 150-200 yds from where I shot it. It was an older buck with a messed up rack. Half of his rack looks like it never grew, and the other half was like a cow horn with a small fork on the end. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked since this was the first archery deer for me in the past 3 years.

Hello bow hunters !

Our season here in IL started Oct 1 but I got a late start this year and just finally did a afternoon hunt yesterday, warmer and a little windier then I like but you cant kill one from the couch right.

Its about to get real interesting around here soon any day now and I have 2 weeks vacation starting Oct 31.

On a side note check out (below) how a buddy of mine is modifying my DuHa storage bin that fits under the rear seat of my crew cab.

I wont be doing any long term storage of my Hoyt Carbon Element but it will save some space for the drive to and from the woods.

It's not completed in the pictures the custom dividers aren't installed yet but he said it should be anytime now.

The DuHa comes with dividers to hold two long guns but I'm not a gun hunter, Bow Only !

DuHaRuff3.jpg

Archived