Cat-Back kit and factory warranty?

Greetings,

I am looking at a Flowmaster cat-back system for my Sierra (2010 5.3 with 24,000 miles) and was curious if GM views such a mod as evil. So far I have no oil consumption issues or engine noises, but spendig time researching these vehicles can make one paranoid. Anyone have any experience with such a situation? Thanks!

I've done the mod on my last three GM trucks with no warranty issues. Magnusson Moss act says their has to be proof of a correlation between the aftermarket part and the affected warranty item. GM also sells their own cat back systems, so I wouldn't sweat it. If you're in Des Moines call Pete at Iowa muffler on second ave., last I knew he had some Corsa cat back systems, sport or touring at five hundred or five fifty(don't remember) installed. Super nice guy, will take great care of you and your truck. Welcome to the forum.

Every vehicle I've ever owned has had a cat back. Never heard a thing from the dealer. When I had my 2003 in for warranty stuff once the writer wanted to know what it was so he could get it for his truck. :lol:

Archived