Odd misses or cut outs

I have a 96 chevy Cheyenne k1500 that when its wet outside it misses or cuts out around 2000 rpm everything in the ignition is new except for the coil and dist. Tower. I know that the coil electrical resistance was just slightly higher than what the factory said it should be but could this cause this problem? Thanks

Ok so I tightend the air hose and looked at the distributor cap.

On the posts there was a white powder on them is that normal?

On my distributor one of the screw holes got stripped so it had a bigger screw in it which broke the hole it screws into. It's been that way since I got the truck 3 or 4 years ago and it's solid it doesn't wiggle but I don't trust it any more how would I replace that?

This is slightly a different topic but when it's cold it almost sounds like a diesel when I first start it then after it warms up it sounds fine is that ok?

White powder is probably grounds to clean or replace the cap. Its not abnormal but will effect performance. Also the bolt hole it may be easier to just replace the distributor tower. They're not too expensive. However you may be able to find a shop to fix up the old one one. Hard to tell on prices there.

Archived