2011 VORTEX MAX?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-VORTEC-MAX-ONLY-4K-MILES-22-CHROME-WHEELS-ONSTAR-WARRANTY-LIKE-NEW-/290867234297?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b909c5f9

I did not know these were still made? I emailed the dearship about it and they are saying it is a Vortex Max 1500. REALLY?

They do still offer an NHT "Max trailering package" option,which includes the 6.2 engine,however they quite installing the "VortecMAX" badges after '08,so those were added by the previous owner or someone,they are not factory.

More importantly,I ran the build sheet on this truck's VIN....it does NOT have the NHT Max trailering package!

It does have the 6.2 engine,and the 9.5" rear axle,but it only has the 3.42 gears instead of the NHT's 3.73's.

According to the VIN#, someone removed the "Texas Edition" nameplates off the front doors and added these older style "V-MAX" door badges. It's just a 6.2L "LT" truck with the trailer package. Salesmen will do anything...

It's a FAKE. :happysad:

While it technically is a fake - that 6.2 with the 6 spd should run circles around a true V-Max. Maybe they liked the red color? Their badging choice actually downgrades the truck by 2 years and 0.2 liters. They also removed a lot of chrome from the Texas Edition...

Archived