Ap3

jdelrizzle

Question

Ok so my truck has the factory remote start, rpo code ap3 not ap8, remote start is already enabled, I bought a used truck and I was only given one key fob one key, I'm about to have some keys made and purchase some new key fobs (key fob kit). Now here's my million dollar question: Do I need to have the dealership program the new fobs to my truck? Or is activating them as easy as following the procedure in the owners manual? Once again my truck is already remote start enabled from the factory.

9 answers to this question

Keys aren't cheap! My wife lost a set for her trailblazer a couple years ago.. they wanted like 100 bucks for one key at the dealer! Needless to say, we still only have one set haha. Got an extra key fob off ebay for like $15. programmed it myself but it didn't have remote start at the time. Just a series of key turns and button presses.

I was just letting you know to get the correct key. They aren't cheap but locksmiths can still make them I believe

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Should just have to follow the procedure. Just remember the keys have a chip in them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived