What would you do?

Ok so I looked up trucks with the 6.2L on YouTube without a resonator. I also looked up ones without a resonator and an aftermarket muffler, but I can't decide what do to. I was going to just cut my exhaust off at the resonator and dump it under the bed, but in PA it's against the law under the inspection code for exhaust systems.

So I either have to have the resonator cut out, and a new piece of pipe put in it's place, or I could leave it, and do just a muffler swap. I don't want it to much louder so I think just removing the resonator would be the best option for my ears and my wallet, but I didn't know if a muffler swap instead would be better because of a less restrictive muffler. I guess either way though the only real benefit would be the sound, but idk? Any help or opinion is appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it would be cheap as hell to have a muff shop cut the res and weld up a straight pipe.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Around here it would probably only be around $50

This is more than you are asking for...

But did see that you can get a Flo Pro muffler that is 3.5" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets. Which judging from the video above, would not be too obnoxious(subject to personal opinion obviously).

I removed my resonator. Gave it a bit more sound, nothing outrageous or nearly as much sound as you would get with a different muffler. I'm hopefully going to but headers on mine next with the stock muffler hoping it will give me a mellow sound for my DD but get a bit nasty when I get on it.

What part is no good in pa? The dumped under the bed or no muffler?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dumped under the bed. It says all exhaust must exit the vehicle including a truck bed.

Dumped under the bed. It says all exhaust must exit the vehicle including a truck bed.

Heck a 90 bend and a tip and your out the side of the truck!

Heck a 90 bend and a tip and your out the side of the truck!

You mean in front of the wheel?

NASCAR style baby. I do remember a buddy had I believe a '97 or '98 F250 that exited in front of the rear wheel. Don't remember why, maybe carbon on paint or wheel, but Ford would retro in a traditional over the axle fix at no charge. Just put on a rectangular exhaust tip, probably look sweet.

NASCAR style baby. I do remember a buddy had I believe a '97 or '98 F250 that exited in front of the rear wheel. Don't remember why, maybe carbon on paint or wheel, but Ford would retro in a traditional over the axle fix at no charge. Just put on a rectangular exhaust tip, probably look sweet.

Ugh no! Lol! My dad has his in front of the rear wheel and I think it looks hideous! :lol:

Ugh no! Lol! My dad has his in front of the rear wheel and I think it looks hideous! :lol:

Well, there's always this...Go for it Daryl.

Omg! Now that is really hideous! Where in the hell did you see those at?

Archived