Hey guys, i'm in the market for a new head unit. Reason for upgrade mainly is for better sound quality. Currently have the non bose double din SLE head unit. Can anyone recommend a solid head unit to upgrade to. Also what will i need to make it as close to a plug and play installation as possible. Thanks guys.

The new JVC's are really nice, best bang for your buck. The new pioneer is nice as well, this is the one I would buy if I needed one.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X850BHS/Pioneer-AVH-X8500BHS.html?search=double+din+head+unit&stop_mobi=yes

Remember when it comes to stereo stuff, you get what you pay for usually...

I was checking out crutchfield and i really like this head unit from kenwood. What do you guys think? I'm not really interested in a display or watching dvds so much. Kinda just wanna keep it nice and simple and get the best sound quality possible. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX500B/Kenwood-DPX500BT.html

x113DPX500B-o_right.jpeg

Usually if you swap out the head unit for better sound you'd want to put an amp to back it up as well. Some head units won't put out the power that factory ones do. Since you don't have a stupid bose junk audio it's a bit more steps past plug and play, but a lot less work than with bose. Good luck with your search!

I just installed the OGM1 in my 2500. Man what a piece of cake. I over-thought the whole thing of course.

Easy AND Superb sound and options. Looks great, I love the Navigation they use.

Would do it again!

Bruce, show us some pics if you dont mind. My biggest grip about aftermarket steroes is they looks so "out of place" - to me anyway.

Ernie

I didnt install it today as Im painting the plastics surrounding the dash. When I get it in I will post up.

I like my Pioneer. I don't watch videos, but I like that I can add Nav if I want to and the buttons can change colors.

2012-10-19_19-53-40_779_zps4cbc86c4.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I had a Kenwood in my 2003 Silverado and liked it. Best radio I had was a Blanklut (not sure if I got the spelling right) in my Jimmy. Great sound and an incredible radio tuner- it could pull in NH stations when I was in school in CT.

I had a Kenwood in my 2003 Silverado and liked it. Best radio I had was a Blanklut (not sure if I got the spelling right) in my Jimmy. Great sound and an incredible radio tuner- it could pull in NH stations when I was in school in CT.

Blaupunkt? Its German Mike. Translates to blue dot or blue point. That's what their logo is

• 2 weeks later...

Blaupunkt? Its German Mike. Translates to blue dot or blue point. That's what their logo is

You don't need a quadraphonic Blaupunkt! What you need is a curve ball!

Archived