need wheel spacer size info

I have a 2004 GMC 2wd extended cab with rear disk brakes. My brother in law gave me rims of his 96 Tahoe, but they hit the rear caliper when you go to put them on. I assume the backspacing is different as the rim size is correct.

can anyone tell me what size spacer i would need to put the rims from the 96 on my 04? I'd like to use a spare set for winter tires and then one for summer comfort type tires as the general grabber tires I have suck in the summer with gas mileage. (awesome in the winter though)

Factory wheels? What are the wheel specs? 1/2" spacers would likely work but we still need to know what you've got and what you're trying to put on. If they're 15's, that's the problem.

Sorry, yeah factory aluminum wheels. They are 16" 6 lug. the ones that don't fit are off a 1996 drum brake 4wd. When I tried them on my 04 2wd, they hit the rear caliper. I thought they would work fine because they were from a 4wd.

I was checking out spacers on the web but they all appear the be fairly wide (1-2") I am also concerned about having to bolt the spacers on, then mount the rims. i'm concerned that i won't be able to easily switch back to the stock 04 rims. -I've read that lugs need to be changed because the OE ones may be too long. i'm just unsure what the transition would require.

I tried a 97 16" for a spare once and it hung on the calipers. The back spacing isn't the problem. The inside diameter is different

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I tried a 97 16" for a spare once and it hung on the calipers. The back spacing isn't the problem. The inside diameter is different

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

OIC

Archived