Cat or Cat-less

Hey guys I have a couple of questions dealing with my exhaust. I'm gonna be ordering some SW long tubes and I'm stuck between going with the high flow cats or off-road pipes. With the corsa exhaust on how loud will it be without cats and what are the performance differences between high flow cats and no cats. Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock cats an high flow cats are basically the same...My vote is to cut your cats off and get them tuned out (Make sure you do not have emissions testing!!). It should sound really good with your corsa muffler

A lot of the SS guys that run headers and a Corsa sport leave the cats. It gets real raspy and sounds bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Okay well that's two opposite responses hahaha, and yeah I have absolutely no worry for emissions testing, I don't even think North Dakota knows what emissions are hahaha!

It's all a personal opionon an what you prefer! Here's some videos to give you an idea!

It's not really a personal option.....the federal government says you will regardless of whether your state requires emissions testing or not. Not trying to impose my views on you, just not sure if you knew this or not.

It's not really a personal option.....the federal government says you will regardless of whether your state requires emissions testing or not. Not trying to impose my views on you, just not sure if you knew this or not.

It was my personal option ! :D but yes, to the OP, I have LT's x-piped dumped before the axle with two cherry bomb extremes. Sounds wicked!

Thanks for letting me in on it.....the EPA whistleblower hotline pays out good rewards. :cheers: I'd take down the picture of my truck w/ the license plate showing if I were actually going to do it.

No cats and Corsa will like like crap

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

X2

on the 6L it's real bad. if you MUST have your cats off, then put a long glass pack, or resonator in line before the muffler, it will kill the rasp, but not the volume..

IMO-keep the cats..no real performance gains, maybe 1-3 hp if that by removing them unless your cats are clogging up.

I have so many friends that have trucks with no cats and no mufflers and all of them have been pulled over multiple times...and not one has received any trouble for going catless. I have been pulled over 4+ times for various things and my truck is already loud as hell since it has no mufflers and i was never once asked "do you have cats" or anything involving the exhaust. You can get your cats cut off here by any exhaust shop, if that shows you much people care haha

I have so many friends that have trucks with no cats and no mufflers and all of them have been pulled over multiple times...and not one has received any trouble for going catless. I have been pulled over 4+ times for various things and my truck is already loud as hell since it has no mufflers and i was never once asked "do you have cats" or anything involving the exhaust. You can get your cats cut off here by any exhaust shop, if that shows you much people care haha

Man you guys make it easy.....any meth labs you want to reveal why you're at it? LOL And you're a moderator here LOL....what a freaking joke.

Trust me man, if you lived where I lived the EPA would have one fun time trying to get everyone with illegal exhaust! I'm not sure what the EPA would do with mine though it's all legal now. But anyway, stock or hi flow cats?

Archived