Transmission Cooler for gmt900 new idea-video

As a retired GM service engineer I will say that when installing self-taping screws, with the condenser in the background, place a piece of steel in front, just in case the drill jumps with the screw. And per Murphy, this will happen.

But the most important thing is don't mess with relocation of the air bag sensors. Even though these sensor have no control over the actual deployment of the bags, they do signal the severity to the SDM (sensing/diagnostic module) and moving it and locating with a tie strap may affect its operation.

As a retired GM service engineer I will say that when installing self-taping screws, with the condenser in the background, place a piece of steel in front, just in case the drill jumps with the screw. And per Murphy, this will happen.

But the most important thing is don't mess with relocation of the air bag sensors. Even though these sensor have no control over the actual deployment of the bags, they do signal the severity to the SDM (sensing/diagnostic module) and moving it and locating with a tie strap may affect its operation.

Also get the correct size self tapper so you dont go through anything bad.

Thanks all for the useful input. Never seen anyone use FLUIDYne for this application, however it looks bulky but high quality and reliable.

As for the quality, I need a quality cooler and may just go with the factory cooler and add it in series as shown in the picture.

What do you think?

Also, do FLUIDYNe make a direct replacement for the gm factory aux trans cooler?

Or a model I can put in series as in the vid?

I'm curious ...

Several companies make coolers that can be direct connect after adding the correct adapters for $100 or less, that will provide more than enough cooling capacity for 95% of the people.

I know, but I'm probably in that 5% group that pulls my small travel trailer in TEXAS type southern heat using me a/c and need all the cooling I can get! Done burned up too many transmissions!

Just looked at the front of my truck and it looks the exact same!

Now I 'm concerned about the sensor, as Chris mentioned we should not play with it, the tie strap is a bad idea,

It may break or just the sensor get pushed back in case of an accident.

It will be great If I can find a good size cooler that doesn't interfere with the sensor.

I am convinced this setup is great idea for the look and function.

Archived