Need new tires. What is the best to run.

utah33

I currently, have Goodyear Wrangler ST P235/75R16's,on my 2002 Chevolet Silverado 1500. I started noticing a vibration this week. I took it to my tire store and they said, time for new tires.

I looked up my records and have about 65000 miles on one pair and 54000 on the other. I don't even remember what the rating was on these? Anybody know?

Now to get to my question, What is the best tire to run on this truck. Mostly, highway and commuting to work and back.

I just got the Firestone Destination LE2 put on my Suburban. I never take it offroad, so I wanted something quiet and smooth. They seem great so far!!!

For your driving, as said above: Michelin LTX M/S2. Among other things, they'll last you forever.

Also upgrade to the optional 2wd size 255/70R16

Tirerack.com

Michelin LTX M/S2 in 255/70R16 $174

The Michelins are not available in 235/75R16.

The truck will ride better with the 255/70R16. I upgraded and ld never go back to the 235/75R16

Michelin LTX M/S2. Love mine.

Also upgrade to the optional 2wd size 255/70R16

Tirerack.com

Michelin LTX M/S2 in 255/70R16 $174

The Michelins are not available in 235/75R16.

The truck will ride better with the 255/70R16. I upgraded and ld never go back to the 235/75R16

How many miles do you guys have on your tires and have you always bought Michelin?

How many miles do you guys have on your tires and have you always bought Michelin?

The set I have now are fairly new. My last truck I had over 70,000 on the set when I sold it. I've been putting them on my vehicles since 92.

I also have a set of Mickey Thompson's I switch out in duck season. I've always get great mileage out of them and a smooth ride, the Michs that is.

Do you have Discount Tires in your part of the country? Discount Tires sells the Prodigy H/T in 255/70R16 for $99 each. I left the store with 4 new tires, mounted, balanced, new valve stems, $503 bottom line. A set of Michelins were going to run about $400 more. So far (about 2 weeks), I am very impressed with the ride and the handling.

This tire is apparently made for Discount Tire by Yokohama, and seems to have good reviews online.

Yes, I have used Michelins before, on several cars and trucks, and they are very good. But expensive. Very.

Do you have Discount Tires in your part of the country? Discount Tires sells the Prodigy H/T in 255/70R16 for $99 each. I left the store with 4 new tires, mounted, balanced, new valve stems, $503 bottom line. A set of Michelins were going to run about $400 more. So far (about 2 weeks), I am very impressed with the ride and the handling.

This tire is apparently made for Discount Tire by Yokohama, and seems to have good reviews online.

Yes, I have used Michelins before, on several cars and trucks, and they are very good. But expensive. Very.

Yeah, maybe your right. They are a 40,000 mile tire vs. a 70,000 mile tire, but your talking $100 less per tire, too! :chevy:

Archived