Best way to fix these rust spots

My truck is starting to show some signs of aging. I have some rust forming under the doors, and would like to get them taken care of before there is nothing left of the truck.

I'm not looking to make it showroom new again, just want it to not look like rust anymore. What would you guys suggest for this? I'm thinking about putting the bedliner stuff over it just to offer a lil more protection than just paint. And I don't know how likely I would be able to match the same color anyways. I understand prep work is everything, just wanting to know what direction to head.

I have a picture of the truck, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post it on here. Can someone help with this?

Thanks

Thats what i would do. My brother has some rust forming in the same spot on his F150. Just went out and bought that Herculiner stuff from autozone and coated the lower potion of his truck. Looks good. Just tape it off, scuff it up, and have at it.

What types of bedliner stuff have you guys used? They offer an aeresol based one, but I have my doubts on how well that would work. Are the roll on types easy to use? Any install tips from anyone? Should I put a rust inhibitor on underneath all of this?

I would get a can of POR-15 to paint over the rust. It will lock in the rust and hopefully prevent future corrosion. As far as I know, you can paint on top of it. You want something that will neutralize/inhibit future growth of that cancer. Stop by an auto-body supply shop and see what they have.

Spray on bedliners like Linex-X and RhinoLiner are the best though quite expensive. Roll on bedliners are still good as long as you did the right prep. You can apply POR-15 to stop the rust before bedlining it.

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone

Soak your things in distilled vinegar overnight, it takes the rust away quickly. It is non toxic, safe for environment. For avoiding rust surface coated with paint or antirust coating. It will help to provide protection from rust in future.

Archived