Price paid?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at this truck (my first!) and am wondering what a good, realistic price is? I'm located in NC if it matters.

2017 Silverado LT Z71 4x4

Crew cab short bed

Black cloth

LT Plus

All Star

5.3 V8, 3.08 ratio

Front bucket seats with console

MSRP (incl destination): 49605.00

If you aren't stuck on chevy vs GMC and a certain color, you can get a 2017 CCSB Sierra SLT that books for $52k for $40k.

http://www.davesinclairbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Saint_Louis-MO/2947222423

Less option SLE books for $48k, listed for $37k.

http://www.davesinclairbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLE-Saint_Louis-MO/2949255773

I know these are in MO, but they are solid deals.

Sounds reasonable. Do you mean Out-the-door = MSRP-20% ?

Yes. At least 20% off the MSRP price.

I ordered my truck in March 6th, 2017, on lot on April 14th, 2017, 2500HD crew 4x4. ordered just the way wanted, no thrills, sticker $54,690.00, paid $50,914.00, that $3,776 off sticker, only incentive was $500.00, I think when you order you don't get the deals as some of you are saying. It is only when the trucks have been on the lot, and when Chevrolet puts out the incentives, it is in timing of the year. I not saying I got a good deal or a bad deal, but I did get exactly what I wanted. Not what the dealer wanted to sell.

I ordered my truck in March 6th, 2017, on lot on April 14th, 2017, 2500HD crew 4x4. ordered just the way wanted, no thrills, sticker $54,690.00, paid $50,914.00, that $3,776 off sticker, only incentive was $500.00, I think when you order you don't get the deals as some of you are saying. It is only when the trucks have been on the lot, and when Chevrolet puts out the incentives, it is in timing of the year. I not saying I got a good deal or a bad deal, but I did get exactly what I wanted. Not what the dealer wanted to sell.

There's a lot to be said for getting what you want. And, the savvy shopper will still get a good deal as well. I ordered in a LTZ Z71 DC Silverado exactly how I wanted it ----- almost $5,400 in dealer discount and almost $5,300 in "rebates" (they guaranteed me a bonus tag when placing the order) for a total discount of 20+%. Unheard of around here.

MSRP on the truck I am looking at is $46,900 and do you really think its possible to get it for $37,520? Or would it be more like $39k?

Problem is its out of state so they know I am searching for this particular model, colors, etc. Hard to find a full center console Deep Ocean Blue Silverado Z71 here in WI, things are going like crazy!

MSRP on the truck I am looking at is $46,900 and do you really think its possible to get it for $37,520? Or would it be more like $39k?

Problem is its out of state so they know I am searching for this particular model, colors, etc. Hard to find a full center console Deep Ocean Blue Silverado Z71 here in WI, things are going like crazy!

You could always email the internet sales manager and make an offer. The last new car I bought was a couple hours away in a neighboring state and I made the entire deal online. The time before that I flew one way then drove home nearly 900 miles. I'm looking at a truck right now that is 800 miles away so may do that again if the local guys don't want to play.

Of course you have to figure the cost of the ticket plus fuel home, not to mention the mileage but if the local guy isn't willing to deal that is always a good option. In both cases the only time I set foot on the dealership was to actually test drive the car and to finish the paperwork. Just make sure you have everything in writing before you go and to verify the VIN matches the paperwork.

You could always email the internet sales manager and make an offer. The last new car I bought was a couple hours away in a neighboring state and I made the entire deal online. The time before that I flew one way then drove home nearly 900 miles. I'm looking at a truck right now that is 800 miles away so may do that again if the local guys don't want to play.

Of course you have to figure the cost of the ticket plus fuel home, not to mention the mileage but if the local guy isn't willing to deal that is always a good option. In both cases the only time I set foot on the dealership was to actually test drive the car and to finish the paperwork. Just make sure you have everything in writing before you go and to verify the VIN matches the paperwork.

I agree with this. I bought mine in a different state as well and the deal was all worked out ahead of time via email and phone.

Not sure what part of WI you're in and if you'd take a Sierra but Laura GMC has some really great prices. They're outside of St. Louis. Really great prices with no BS. Highly recommend them. Nobody in the Madison area would touch they're prices. Well worth the 5 hour drive for me.

Yeah I'm in gen Milwaukee area and did a search for 200 mile radius and found 2 trucks that match what I am looking for minus the sliding rear window which I can live with. I will check out Laura GMC though as I am not against driving for the truck I want, only thing is I have to trade my truck in and and I've gotten appraisals at 14k to 17k from different dealerships.

I may also just to sell it outright but because I owe a little bit, it becomes a PITA dealing with that. Nice rainy day today so went to a local dealer and they actually have my truck just not listed on their website for $50,000 MSRP which is just insane for a damn 1/2 ton. Going to shoot them in email with an offer and see how it goes.

I may also just to sell it outright but because I owe a little bit, it becomes a PITA dealing with that. Nice rainy day today so went to a local dealer and they actually have my truck just not listed on their website for $50,000 MSRP which is just insane for a damn 1/2 ton. Going to shoot them in email with an offer and see how it goes.

Trucks are expensive these days. My MSRP was 53k and it is an SLT, so not even their top of the line. They usually give big discounts so it does not end up being that bad.

Archived