Undercover Flex or Backflip Fibermax

Yes, I did install the although they say not necessary. I was going to see how it did first but then decided to install. I have the BakBox as well so installing the tubes in later would mean taking out the box. It was just easier. After having it on for a while and going through rain and car wash there is no water in the tubes. The F1 is clearly more heavy duty, but I like the smooth look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I too like the look of the VP over the F1. But I might want to fold the top up and stand on it and I think the F1 would be better for that. Outdoor photography, better viewing.

Thanks again. Just more to think about until the truck comes in.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the plunge today and decided to order the undercover flex. About $150 cheaper then fibermax so I went for it. I got it for less than $650 including a free tailgate seal. I think it was a good price.

Should be in, in a week or so. The eta for my truck arriving is December 9th.

Question on drain tubes? Are there pre made holes in the bed for these or do you have to drill.

After exhaustive research I feel like the Undercover Flex is a better mouse trap. I ordered it on Monday they said I'd have it in about a week. Paid $665 shipped.

After exhaustive research I feel like the Undercover Flex is a better mouse trap. I ordered it on Monday they said I'd have it in about a week. Paid $665 shipped.

Where did you get it?

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up to my Undercover Flex cover: I like the cover overall and I am satisfied with the product, but not the vendor.

I usually don't report how bad customer service is with a company as they usually correct the issue if contacted, but I would definitely NOT buy of recommend anyone buy from Undercover Factory Outlet. I had two small issues, one was screws pulled out that I repaired, and the other was a small slice in the cover on the underside I wanted recommendation to seal. They refuse to return emails, or my phone call. I did not ask to return it as it does not raise to that level, I just want to repair the cut. combined that with the fact it took 8 days to even ship the cover after it was ordered and paid for.

A friend of mind ordered the same cover, but fortunately he used another vendor (my recommendation), and he got it for the same price with no issues. They shipped it the next day after order was placed, and even provided tracking info. I got back tracking info from my order.

Like I said it is a nice cover, but Undercover Factory Outlet is a terrible vendor to buy from and after the sale customer support in totally non existent. What a shame for a company to treat customers that way, so buyer beware.

I would post a picture of the damage and copies of the emails if I ever figure out how to.

As a follow up to my Undercover Flex cover: I like the cover overall and I am satisfied with the product, but not the vendor.

I usually don't report how bad customer service is with a company as they usually correct the issue if contacted, but I would definitely NOT buy of recommend anyone buy from Undercover Factory Outlet. I had two small issues, one was screws pulled out that I repaired, and the other was a small slice in the cover on the underside I wanted recommendation to seal. They refuse to return emails, or my phone call. I did not ask to return it as it does not raise to that level, I just want to repair the cut. combined that with the fact it took 8 days to even ship the cover after it was ordered and paid for.

A friend of mind ordered the same cover, but fortunately he used another vendor (my recommendation), and he got it for the same price with no issues. They shipped it the next day after order was placed, and even provided tracking info. I got back tracking info from my order.

Like I said it is a nice cover, but Undercover Factory Outlet is a terrible vendor to buy from and after the sale customer support in totally non existent. What a shame for a company to treat customers that way, so buyer beware.

I would post a picture of the damage and copies of the emails if I ever figure out how to.

This is why you buy from a local dealer. This is what happens when you save $150, but lose piece of mind.

I took the plunge today and decided to order the undercover flex. About $150 cheaper then fibermax so I went for it. I got it for less than $650 including a free tailgate seal. I think it was a good price.

Question on drain tubes? Are there pre made holes in the bed for these or do you have to drill.

I had the fibermax on my other truck and liked it a lot. I now have a fold a cover, my truck was replaced long story, I like the fold a cover better that the fibermax.

As for your drain tubes when I had mine I removed the black plugs the top of the bed near the cab. Cut the tubes a little shorter and ran the tubes into the hole so the water would run out the fender. I had a bed rug as well so I ran the tubes through a slit and they stayed in place.

Got the VP and it leakes, I just got my bed line-x and the VP installed the following day. I've notice the bed wet after the truck had been washed and again when it rained. I've tried to look for where the leak is coming from but gave up. I love the cover and I'm ok with it leaking as long as I don't put something back there that can get damaged.

There is one hole large enough for a drain. I ran both lines to a "T" and a single drain using a 90 into the hole. The supplied drain lines are too short so you will need to buy some 1/2" line. Or...drill a 5/8" hole on each side and use factory tubes. Water will leak around the factory drain connection so I used some silicone to seal around the fitting.

undercoverflex-1_zpscfb8f256.jpg

undercoverflex-2_zps4d0392fc.jpg

undercoverflex-3_zps86fd5ae5.jpg

Undercover Flex. Installed it in about 45 mins on Thursday night so far pretty pleased with it. easy to install if I had to do another one I could probably knock it out in like 20 mins.

No idea on water-tightness it's snowed a little bit but that's not a very good gauge IMO.

This is why you buy from a local dealer. This is what happens when you save $150, but lose piece of mind.

I don't agree, the manufacturer should stand behind it either way. For $150 I'll try it, that's the price of a decent aftermarket bed liner.

Archived