2013 Silverado 6.2L engine light / misfire

Hey guys,

My truck was remote started today and shut off by itself after only a minute. I went to manually start and, and it had a rough/slow start and I noticed the engine light came and stayed on. Since I do not have a code reader I pressed the OnStar button and the advisor told me that my engine had a misfire. My truck is a 2013 Silverado 6.2L with only 15,000km it's basically still new. Is this a common, known problem?

I turned it off and started it again and everything seemed normal...

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago and it was a bad plug in cylinder 3. Only saw light once after a remote start shut off like yours. Dealership found a bad plug, porcelain cracked down one side. They showed 738 random misfires. 18,000 miles. She's back to beast mode now. :thumbs:

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago and it was a bad plug in cylinder 3. Only saw light once after a remote start shut off like yours. Dealership found a bad plug, porcelain cracked down one side. They showed 738 random misfires. 18,000 miles. She's back to beast mode now. :thumbs:

Great, thanks for the information. Had you brought the truck to the dealer right away? Just wondering if it is safe to drive like this for a while.

It took me a couple of weeks to get it in. Had a rough idle and felt a little flat at the top end along with the light. Feels much better now. I both love and hate the warranty. It is great to have but I'd like to do a few more things to the truck. I'll wait for now...

Archived