Who will be the first to Supercharge the 2014 6.2 denali

I will eventually be supercharging my Denali but have decided to start off a bit smaller first. I just talked to Manny Da Silva from Da Silva Motorsport in Kitchener Ontario and he quoted me on a stage 1 upgrade which will include a set of LG headers, high flow Cats, cold air intake, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a tune to make it all work good. This should net about 30 to 50 RWHP. Stage 2 which includes the TVS 1900 supercharger, now we are talking big power. Just gotta wait till the pavment dries.

I email Magnuson every Monday to discuss their kit.
At this point I think they find me amusing since I ask mostly the same questions every time. Matt has been pretty cool about getting back to me almost every time and I really do email once per week.
They are planning to have the kit ready to go by April. I'd think more realistically May but ether way within a week or 2 of its release I will be happy to report on its results as I will have it installed as soon as I can get it.

I've not found anyone who has one on a 6.2 yet but maybe there are some out there.

Turbos are nice, but I dont like the lag you get from them. I have had three durmax diesel with a turbo and they all pushed 500hp or more at the wheels.

I was just curious because you wouldn't have to wait for a kit to come out if you knew a good shop that knows what they are doing. Although I do remember coming across someone making a turbo kit already.

Definitely pros and cons to each.

I will eventually be supercharging my Denali but have decided to start off a bit smaller first. I just talked to Manny Da Silva from Da Silva Motorsport in Kitchener Ontario and me on a stage 1 upgrade which will include a set of LG headers, high flow Cats, cold air intake, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a tune to make it all work good. This should net about 30 to 50 RWHP. Stage 2 which includes the TVS 1900 supercharger, now we are talking big power. Just gotta wait till the pavment dries.

Please don't pay $5,000 for their "stage 1" package. The cats are high flow from the factory. The factory intake is a cold air intake so an aftermarket one will be throwing money out the window (unless you like the sound of an aftermarket kit which would only be a couple hundred anyways). The exhaust stuff and tune is probably $1000 worth of products.

You'd probably be better off having someone throw the supercharger on there then buy a custom tune for it and keep the $5000.

Sounds like it will be a monster when completed, though!

Also includes LG headers. At $1995, installed and tunes $1100,CAI at $400, exhaust at 1400. So about 5 g with tax.

That's do expensive. Spend 6 grand on a supercharger and keep your stock air box. Exhaust just makes noise son!

Archived