Ok guys, i have had my 2012 Silverado just over two weeks now, love it. Been using the Bluetooth i have synced to my LG G2 phone, and when i voice dial, it never gets the perosn i am dialing. If i say, "Wife" it says, "Did you say 1?" NO! Dial "Wife". "Did you say 5?" NO!! Well, you get the idea.. it gets frustrating. Do i need to go thru some sort of voice programming for it to recongnize me? I don't sound like Mushmouth from Fat Albert, i promise you. Heck, i am not even from Tennessee, so it can't be that.

I can get it to dial when i say the phone number, but dialing by name is not working. Any tips?

Thanks!

Wayne

If it is like my 2011, it does not download the phonebook from the phone, I have to program the phone numbers/names into the radio itself. That was kind of a shock coming from 2 years older vehicles that download the phonebook automatically. However my truck does not have the highest end radio that was available in 2011.

After I programmed the numbers/names into the vehicle manually, it does work well.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2010 does not integrate with the names on the phone..... Unless you program (into the truck) a name for number it won't recognize names. Pretty sure nothing has changed at least up through 2013.

So for every "name" you are saying the truck is trying to turn that into a number.....

Archived