Haha Cracked dash now... I give up.

Well my response to Mike about the cracked dash is that they are not and were not being replaced for free! GM offers to pay up to 75% of the repair 1x only if you are out of warranty at 36,000 miles

Since it was a defective dashboard, should be a lifetime replacement for free until they resolve the quality issue! My thought is that the positioning of the dashboard is slightly off, hence airbag pressure cracking the same spot on everyone's dashboard from underneath the dash. The airbag pressure is pushing!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dash on my 2008 Sierra cracked as soon as my warranty ran out (36 months). It actually cracked in two places within days of each other...looks like it was torqued unevenly for that to happen. Originally Gunn GMC, San Antonio, said there was noting they could do. Then agreed to escalate to see if a settlement could be reached...GM might agree to share part of the cost with me. Why should I have to share the cost. The truck was only three years old...and has anyone checked out the price of a dash? Forget it!

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra SLT 1500. I actually worked at a GM Parts Plant for 13 years while in college and after graduation. But was tired of being laid off so I returned to the USAF and recently retired after 30 years military service. My dash cracked at 105K and the dealership pretty much slammed the door in my face. Said too bad, out of warranty. But we can replace it for a hefty price and labor. I walked away very disappointed and vowed to never buy again unless something changes with GM's attitude. My dad retired from GM and between us we have bought over 12 new GM vehicles. We have always been treated like crap at the dealerships when requesting warranty servixe or other field/bulletin fixes. Maybe all dealerships are like that, But they are in my area as evidenced by my friends and co-workers comments. I am now considering another brand for first time in my life. My dad has since passed. He had always said that GM has never done a good job with customers in this regard and place too much emphasis on warranty expiration numbers. They just don't get it that if they lean forward once for a customer, they will be back most of the time.

Archived