used colorado/canyon

Was thinking about purchasing a used Colorado/canyon ext cab 4x4 if I could find one with lower mileage for a decent price. Don't know a lot about these trucks, just looking to get a few opinions. Seems like the v-8 option is hard to find around here and the ones that I have found are priced high. Are the 4 cylinder and 5 cylinder options reliable to run for high mileage like the silverados? How about gas mileage for the 4 and 5 cylinders? Can you fit a four wheeler in the back of an extended cab? Also, what about rear facing and front facing car seats in the back seat of an extended cab? I know a crew cab would be better for kids, I am just wondering if anybody has done this or if its even legal/possible?

the five cyl is a modified version of the atlas inline 6 in the trailblazer had. So is it a pretty decent engine, yeah, but the one comment i always saw about it, was that gm cut off the wrong cylinder. The power is significantly less than its 6cyl cousin and i dont think mpgs were much better. As far as rear facing seats go, its a tight fit in my full size ext cab, so i'm betting it wont be fun at all in a smaller ext. cab.

Archived