Air conditioner question

This may sound like a dumb question but is there a way to turn your air fan speed on high? I turn the center knob all the way and the display always shows lo in both corners of screen for driver and passenger side?

Not a dumb question. There is a setting where you can adjust the maximum fan speed. My dealer showed it to me when I took delivery and I set it to the maximum speed. I'm not sure where it is found in the settings because I'm not sitting in my truck. Just find the settings and look around.

I checked it and I have it already set on high. With the fan knob switch already turned over as high as it will go the display still shows lo. I don't know what's wrong with it. I know it's not on max though cause the air is not blowing as a max speed. I mean it blows great and is cold just not on a high max speed.

This may sound like a dumb question but is there a way to turn your air fan speed on high? I turn the center knob all the way and the display always shows lo in both corners of screen for driver and passenger side?

Are you referring to the temperature control (small two digit display within the knob)?

Recirculating is off. I'm referring to the knobs where it says low and on the screen when you adjust the fan knob it says low there too. I can never get it to say high. If I turn my temp control knobs all the way clockwise it will say high but it blows heat. I know my air is. It blowing hard as it should like a max mode. That is why I asked. Thanks for your questions and responses.

The reason the knobs say lo is they are set to the lowest temperature setting there is. Turn them till the you have numbers showing up. The fan is running on high to get the cab temp to the lowest set point possible. I believe it's 67 degrees. The knobs on both sides are to adjust the cab temp. The knob in the middle is fan speed. Set the left and right to the temp you are comfortable with and it will automatically adjust the fan speed to keep the temp. You turning the knobs to high is telling the system you want the cab heated to the highest set point.

I understand what you are saying. I appreciate the response. If I set both temp knobs to 61 and turn the middle fan knob as high as it will go it still shows lo on the display on the screen. It's like there is no high option for fan speed.

Unfortunately I guess it's time for a trip to the dealer unless someone else has the answer for you. I hardly ever touch the fan speed knob. I just set it to the temp and let it do it's own thing. When I first got the truck it was a little strange in operation but, I guess I got used to it or it fixed itself.

Sounds like you need the update that was put out earlier this year for the quirks in the infotainment system. it should address these issues. It was in regards to the system going blank when coming out of reverse, but it corrected a bunch of other settings as well.

Hello dgriffith,

I understand that the question you had about your air conditioner may turned out to be an issue with your vehicle. I see that you may be going to your dealership for this concern. Please keep us posted once your dealership checks this out for you and if you have any lingering questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Archived