Is the Regular Cab Pickup Doomed?

PMattras

I see a lot of double cabs in my area too. I think it fits just right for a lot of people. My dad just bought a new one (retired baby boomer), and I'll probably stick with the extended/double cab for my next one (single with no kids...at least that I know of, haha). It's great to have the back seat for covered storage...and still have the ability to haul passengers on a short trip if needed. I think the regular cab will stick around for a while. Too many people need that full length bed, without the added overall length from the extra cab space.

I see a lot of double cabs in my area too. I think it fits just right for a lot of people. My dad just bought a new one (retired baby boomer), and I'll probably stick with the extended/double cab for my next one (single with no kids...at least that I know of, haha). It's great to have the back seat for covered storage...and still have the ability to haul passengers on a short trip if needed. I think the regular cab will stick around for a while. Too many people need that full length bed, without the added overall length from the extra cab space.

Then there's fact that there's no other way to get a full bed on a 1500 anymore....

X9006

Then there's fact that there's no other way to get a full bed on a 1500 anymore....

X9006

Yep, that's true. Gotta step up to the 2500HD if you want an 8' bed with any other cab configuration than a regular cab.

The only two reasons I don't buy a reg cab is, one they don't load them up anymore and sometimes on a trip my wife likes to rest in the back. I still rather have a extended cab.

GM has gotten better- you can get the full feature 8" screen now and both Ram and Ford allow for nicely optioned regular cabs too. But I wouldn't mind a 6.2 option. :D

Hahaha, this is funny since I'm in the process of considering updating my company's fleet of 5 aging Taco RCLB 5MT trucks (also having a hard time finding employees that know how to drive stick in the LA area too for deliveries).

Archived