Bad service- possible new recall - Bad warranty

AS I said i asked the sales manager if the 36 months and 36000 miles started when i took possession of truck he said yes. My mistake for taking a man for his word. But then i am old school. GM rep did tell me that all warranty starts when dealer gets it. I asked repeatedly this question all new vehicles. Just thought that they got it wrong. So i said a leftover truck with 0 miles on it the warranty started when the dealer got it and they said YES. Missed informed rep...

Im guessing they were thinking or meaning to say when a dealer gets a vehicle and its sold immediately. But now you know I guess.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked rep if i could take it to nearest dealer to have it checked, was told to take it to Dealer in Auburn Indiana and they would call and let them know what was going on. Got to dealer at 12.30 PM on Friday and was told that i did not buy it their and that they could not look at it. Was told to to take it to dealer in Angola Indiana 29 miles away.

Not trying to interrogate you but the part I just can't seem to understand is, if GM told you to take it to a certain dealership and also said they would call ahead to let them know what was going on. When you got there and they denied service why didn't you call GM back and tell them that the dealership is refusing to perform any warranty work on your truck? Who told you to go to Angola? If you read your post things just don't add up.

The truth has come out, they told you that they were booked up and couldn't get to it right then. Which I agree is shitty when you're on the road with a camper and sick, but is a far cry from the original story you told us which was "You didn't buy it here, so we aren't going to work on it".

Archived