Rancho quicklift loaded

I put a set on the front of the 2014 z71 Silverado that I previously owened.It lifted the front end 2.5 inches and the ride was so much smoother thatn stock.I sold my 2014 Silverado and purchased a 2016 GMC Sierra Z71. I purchased a pair of Rancho quicklifts for this truck due to the success of my first ones. These actually lifted the front end 3",the ride adjustment knobs wouldnt turn at all and was the harshest ride ever.Rancho suggested i may have purchased a defective pair so they replaced them under warranty.Well guess what,the same problem.It's like it has no suspension travel at all. they make a bumping clunking noise and when you hit the smallest of bumps at night you can actually see the headlight beams vibration on the pavement.I think I'll just put my stock struts back on and use spacers.No way can it ride any worse

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put a set on the front of the 2014 z71 Silverado that I previously owened.It lifted the front end 2.5 inches and the ride was so much smoother thatn stock.I sold my 2014 Silverado and purchased a 2016 GMC Sierra Z71. I purchased a pair of Rancho quicklifts for this truck due to the success of my first ones. These actually lifted the front end 3",the ride adjustment knobs wouldnt turn at all and was the harshest ride ever.Rancho suggested i may have purchased a defective pair so they replaced them under warranty.Well guess what,the same problem.It's like it has no suspension travel at all. they make a bumping clunking noise and when you hit the smallest of bumps at night you can actually see the headlight beams vibration on the pavement.I think I'll just put my stock struts back on and use spacers.No way can it ride any worse

That's a shame to hear that, I was considering them but too many mixed reviews. Ive heard others complain about the same thing.

So what are you going to do with the 2nd set, are you going to contact rancho again? Did the adjustment knob not work on the 2nd set?

I'm now considering the 3&1/2 lift from super lift, it's reasonably priced @ about $550 and comes with upper control arms and rear shocks. Some just give rear shock extenders, but again this comes with longer rear shocks, control arms, and the diff drop spacers. I think I'll be doing this come this spring.

http://www.superlift.com/3-5-inch-upper-control-arm-uca-kit-for-the-2014-2015-chevygmc-1500-4wd-pickups-with-factory-aluminum-control-arms?gclid=CjwKEAiAgavBBRCA7ZbggrLSkUcSJACWDexAtKnpR4WLQc6zQFQki9kWrjIheZyvm5GJwcZk10Oc6hoCe5Dw_wcB

the knobs on the rancho quicklift that rancho replaced under warranty would actually turn while off of the truck, but once installed they are hard to turn.I've got them adjusted to the softest setting 1. I called Rancho tech support this morning.They are supposed to get back with me tomorrow .The technician I talked to had me to take some measurements from bottom of strut to bottom of spring plate which was 8 inches. It's hard to think that i could get two bad sets,but I guess anythings possible.The 2014 that ih had rode and handled so well with the quicklift set. Same suspension ,same part number. It baffles me

• 5 months later...

I just ordered the Rancho Quick Lift RS99990 strut's and the RS999198 shock's to replace the Z71 Rancho "bricks" that came with my truck. I was going to go the Bilstein 5100 route, but changed my mind.

This will also eliminate the Zone Leveling kit I added last year. Installation on Tuesday

Archived