GMC SIERRA All Terrain HD 3500 sooo close, but so far

So I logged onto gm.ca and they FINALLY have the the ALL TERRAIN pkg available for the SLT. Perfect. As I start clicking building the perfect truck...I select the "Driver Alert PKG" then the All Terrain HD PKG and I get this...

Requires that you remove:

Standard Suspension Package
Tires: LT265/70R18E AS BW
Heated & Cooled Driver & Front Passenger Seats
Perforated Leather Appointed Seat Trim
Driver Alert Package
Jet Black w/Perforated Leather Appointed Seat Trim

... So to get a nice grille and wheels I lose Cooled Seat and the Driver Alert PKG? I lose a SAFETY Package?!!! GM What are you thinking? IS like taking away Airbags!

Anyway, I guess I'm getting a Denali and changing the grille to the All terrain Grille.

Any thoughts?

Jeff.

You should look into what's offered with the HD All-Terrain package, being a higher trim (like the Chevy High Country) it probably comes with that stuff or most of it. If anything just get one without the All-Terrain package and just replace the grille and rims to the All-Terrain stuff.

Kent 2500,

I will have to check that out for sure!

SouthernSilveradoGuy85,

I have a peek at the standard option, and I did not them listed. That does NOT mean that they aren't there though. I do like your suggestion. Get the SLT and replace the grille, rims, door sills, badging and guage pod. Might even be cheaper! LOL!

Thanks Gents!

Jeff.

Kent 2500,

I will have to check that out for sure!

SouthernSilveradoGuy85,

I have a peek at the standard option, and I did not them listed. That does NOT mean that they aren't there though. I do like your suggestion. Get the SLT and replace the grille, rims, door sills, badging and guage pod. Might even be cheaper! LOL!

Thanks Gents!

Jeff.

Pretty much anything can be done cheaper than just getting it from the factory or dealer like that. Think about like the higher trims of performance cars like the Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1 and Mustang GT500. Would be cheaper to just get a Camaro SS, Corvette Z06 or base and Mustang GT and just mod them up. I remember seeing a couple blackout edition Silverados at my dealer. They were called Carolina blackout (only available in NC, USA). It cost $5,500 and literally all it was, was black grille shell, black emblems, black stepbars and black 22" rims. Oh and can't forget the 2 or 3 carolina blackout emblems lol. You can do all that and have better looking stepbars that's not OEM for 1/3 of the price or less. I did like the look of the 22s but I'm not into big rims like that (well unless the tires are 44" or taller lol). And don't forget that if you replace some of that stuff for the All-Terrain stuff you can sell the stuff you take off on here or wherever and recoup some of that money and become even cheaper.

I don't know if I would go as far to do the badges and sill plates since that would make it look like you wish you got the All-Terrain but couldn't afford it. Of course they wouldn't know unless they ask, but then what if they do. But, your money, just my opinion lol.

Pretty much anything can be done cheaper than just getting it from the factory or dealer like that. Think about like the higher trims of performance cars like the Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1 and Mustang GT500. Would be cheaper to just get a Camaro SS, Corvette Z06 or base and Mustang GT and just mod them up. I remember seeing a couple blackout edition Silverados at my dealer. They were called Carolina blackout (only available in NC, USA). It cost $5,500 and literally all it was, was black grille shell, black emblems, black stepbars and black 22" rims. Oh and can't forget the 2 or 3 carolina blackout emblems lol. You can do all that and have better looking stepbars that's not OEM for 1/3 of the price or less. I did like the look of the 22s but I'm not into big rims like that (well unless the tires are 44" or taller lol). And don't forget that if you replace some of that stuff for the All-Terrain stuff you can sell the stuff you take off on here or wherever and recoup some of that money and become even cheaper.

I don't know if I would go as far to do the badges and sill plates since that would make it look like you wish you got the All-Terrain but couldn't afford it. Of course they wouldn't know unless they ask, but then what if they do. But, your money, just my opinion lol.

Here is my plan... Get a denali, swap out the front grille with the all terrain, get the 4" black step bars off of the carbon edition, and some custom wrap pieces similar to that of the raptor, reaper and carbon edition. Not to mention the bushwhacker fender flares, and KMC XD Rockstar II rims with some crazy tires. Old rs will be for snow tires. Gotta love Atlantic Canada!

Here is my plan... Get a denali, swap out the front grille with the all terrain, get the 4" black step bars off of the carbon edition, and some custom wrap pieces similar to that of the raptor, reaper and carbon edition. Not to mention the bushwhacker fender flares, and KMC XD Rockstar II rims with some crazy tires. Old rs will be for snow tires. Gotta love Atlantic Canada!

Those are the rims I plan on getting, the Rockstar 2s XD811 and will just get 18x9s, not into big rims with small tire sidewall. Plus I have factory 18x8.5 on there now so I can use the same tires without having to buy new tires and I figure that size would be easier to get a hold of. Still not sure if I should get the close to factory offset of +30 (factory is +26 I think) or try the 0 offset so it sticks out more. Thing is I'm still factory height on the front and I will use the same 265s as I said before. So I still don't know if 265s with a 0 offset would rub or not.

About your plan, sounds good. I would suggest to not get the big tube steps, not that they're out of style, but the Nfabs I have on mine are much sturdier than the Weston 3" tube steps I had on my old truck. Plus the Nfabs I have, that style seems to protect the rocker panels and other lower body parts much better. I tested that not wanting to, was backing into a friends driveway and was too far over and one of my front tires went into the ditch. I heard and felt the bar that the drop down hoops are welded to and no damage on anything. The tube steps I had could have gotten dented like that same buddy did to his when he was backing out of the driveway at his old house and the tube step hit a tree root. Again just my opinion, you do and get what you want lol.

if the 2500's are like the 1500's then you cannot get the driver alert package with the all terrain package. the reason being is the all terrain trucks have the "carbon fiber" leather seats and the driver alert package requires the preferoted leather seats so they can vibrate. you have to figure out which option you want more.

the way i looked at it when i bought my truck b/c i wanted an all terrain but wanted the a/c seats and i was not able to get a/c seats with the a/t. so i told myself that it would be easier and cheaper to replace parts on the outside of the vehicle to color match then it would be to integrate cooled seats in my truck, so i went with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to order an all terrain 3500HD SRW DMAX, but at last minute ordered a Denali 3500HD Denali Dmax. To get everything I wanted on the all terrain, the cost between a fully loaded Denali was only $400 more (without rear entertainment and sunroof). The Denali comes with everything I wanted with the All Terrain as standard including 6" oval chrome steps, spray in liner, (around $1200 for these) . So for additional $400 I also get heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, awesome LED customizable gauge cluster, power adj pedals, driver alert package, and Denali accents.

Now just have to wait until it is built.

Archived