To lazy to read, HD radio?

is there a fix? yes/no? can i shut it off? yes/no if there is a fix what is it? if i can shut it off do I have to every time i get in the truck?

thanks

my brains are scrambled eggs from reading on here

If you would take the time to read the thread, you wouldn't be asking these questions. Just sayin'. :)

Yes there is a fix.........to a certain extent. When was your truck built? If built before '14 there is a hardware change (new radio module) plus updated software. 2014 builds (mostly) just need the software update. Without the update, you can disable HD, but it will enable every time you change the station.

With the update you disable HD (((before))) you save any stations, then it will remain off until you decide to enable again. My HD was pure crap, like most everyone else's. I was fairly impressed how much better it is with the update. Good enough that I can leave it enabled! :)

If you would take the time to read the thread, you wouldn't be asking these questions. Just sayin'. :)

Yes there is a fix.........to a certain extent. When was your truck built? If built before '14 there is a hardware change (new radio module) plus updated software. 2014 builds (mostly) just need the software update. Without the update, you can disable HD, but it will enable every time you change the station.

With the update you disable HD (((before))) you save any stations, then it will remain off until you decide to enable again. My HD was pure crap, like most everyone else's. I was fairly impressed how much better it is with the update. Good enough that I can leave it enabled! :)

Again scrambled eggs and 50 threads LMAO, thank you your explanation is just what i needed, I'm a simple guy, If I buy it I'll tell them about the update while they inservice it

From the info I got from the Chief Engineer there may be one more update coming down the road, I am waiting to hear back from him on when they are thinking they will be done with the validation phase.

• 1 month later...

My dealer is unaware of any software update to my hd radio on my 14 sierra. I have reception issues, freezing, blackouts, etc. Is there a bulletin number or anything I could "show" them?

It was built in 2013

YES

Archived