Tall People

rvsixer

Just FYI for tall folks wondering if they might fit in the new twins.

I was dropping off the Sonata for a recall at our local Hyundai/GMC dealer. While waiting I saw they had a Canyon crew cab out on the lot, I asked the salesman to open it up for me (the very first thing I do when interested in a vehicle is move the seat all the way back and down, and then get in to see if I fit...if not its off the shopping list).

I am moderately tall at 6'4"/225lb, but the Canyon really surprised me it is very large inside. My feet barely reached the pedals, arms barely reached the streering wheel, and 4" of headroom. I would guess anyone up to 6'8"-6'9" should fit unscrunched.

I was also surprised at the outside dimensions of it, it should really be called a small full-size, imo midsize is an overstatement. Its only about 6" (+/- ~1") shorter in all dimensions than my extended cab full size !!!

C'mon babyDmax :driving: .

Just FYI for tall folks wondering if they might fit in the new twins.

I was dropping off the Sonata for a recall at our local Hyundai/GMC dealer. While waiting I saw they had a Canyon crew cab out on the lot, I asked the salesman to open it up for me (the very first thing I do when interested in a vehicle is move the seat all the way back and down, and then get in to see if I fit...if not its off the shopping list).

I am moderately tall at 6'4"/225lb, but the Canyon really surprised me it is very large inside. My feet barely reached the pedals, arms barely reached the streering wheel, and 4" of headroom. I would guess anyone up to 6'8"-6'9" should fit unscrunched.

I was also surprised at the outside dimensions of it, it should really be called a small full-size, imo midsize is an overstatement. Its only about 6" (+/- ~1") shorter in all dimensions than my extended cab full size !!!

C'mon babyDmax :driving: .

How were the outside mirrors? I am also 6'4" and I wish the mirrors (not tow mirror) on my 2011 Silverado would tilt forward more so I could center what is behind me to the sweet spot in the mirror, not the top of the glass. I am used to them now, but at first I was constantly looking at the center of the mirror and wanting to tilt it forward more. Hope that makes sense.

I may change to tow mirros, but would hate to lose power fold, which I do to get in the garage.

And the price is really close to full size too.

Hah! Full sizes are currently going for (much) cheaper.

I think what will happen is the initial twin buyers will continue to pay full or more than MSRP on the twins (while full sizes go for thousands less), if GM deems they want to really start moving them they will have the same $10K-$15K off MSRP cuts the full size's do. I think GM is still banking on the same play that Toyota does, that some people can and do pay more for a smaller truck than a full size. That play can't last forever with competition coming onboard, they have to come to at least price parity with full size sooner or later.

How were the outside mirrors...I may change to tow mirros, but would hate to lose power fold, which I do to get in the garage.

No idea on the mirrors, I didn't do a test drive so didn't even think of them.

Jeez my wife can pull my full size into the garage with non-folding mirrors. The twins are narrower don't even worry about it.

At my local dealer the highest sticker price ive seen so far a loaded Z71 was 36K. I think that's a bit less than a loaded 15 full sized Z71.

I drove a '15 loaded Colorado Z71 Crew Cab. It was $38 and change on the sticker. I figure close to $48 for a loaded Z71 Silverado Crew Cab on the sticker. So it's around 10 grand on the sticker. I just don't know if they'll deal much on the new Colorado or Canyon since there are so few on the lots yet.

I drove a '15 loaded Colorado Z71 Crew Cab. It was $38 and change on the sticker. I figure close to $48 for a loaded Z71 Silverado Crew Cab on the sticker. So it's around 10 grand on the sticker. I just don't know if they'll deal much on the new Colorado or Canyon since there are so few on the lots yet.

There are two dealers close to me, a Chevy and GMC. Between the two the have 20. In six months they will start to deal, when the new wears off.

At my local dealer the highest sticker price ive seen so far a loaded Z71 was 36K. I think that's a bit less than a loaded 15 full sized Z71.

But who would pay MSRP sticker for any vehicle if you absolutely don't have to? Heck, GM is right now on their website plainly advertising over $10K off full size sticker right off the bat (and there is more to be had off in holdback/manufacturer to dealer incentives/dealer volume incentives, etc).

A full size Z71 (or any other trim for that matter) can be had for far less than MSRP. A twin Z71 won't go for less (or much less) than MSRP (yet). So, currently the twins are going for the same or more than the comparably equipped full sizer's.

For full sizer's this is nothing new. The truck in my sig was stickered at over $43K, and bought for $32K during a much healthier economy.

GM has actually been doing a good job with front seat space I have been Impressed with the design of all the newer models.. GMT900's don't have enough headroom for me and I'm only 6'0

That is very interesting, good thing I skipped looking at the GMT900 body. My GMT800 fits me fine, but the Canyon did have even more leg/head room (for my body anyways). Agree GM is doing a good job with front seat space. Kudos to them.

I've been truck shopping with my daughter, and today I seen one that cracked $40,000. Several in the $38-39K range. The Z71 Crew Cab Long Box start at $35,300 before options.

The loaded LT and SLT CC LB with the 18's are the expensive ones.

I concur on the leg room. I'm 5'11" and with the seat all the way back, my feet had to be at least 4-6" from the pedals. No joke.

But who would pay MSRP sticker for any vehicle if you absolutely don't have to? Heck, GM is right now on their website plainly advertising over $10K off full size sticker right off the bat (and there is more to be had off in holdback/manufacturer to dealer incentives/dealer volume incentives, etc).

A full size Z71 (or any other trim for that matter) can be had for far less than MSRP. A twin Z71 won't go for less (or much less) than MSRP (yet). So, currently the twins are going for the same or more than the comparably equipped full sizer's.

For full sizer's this is nothing new. The truck in my sig was stickered at over $43K, and bought for $32K during a much healthier economy.

I saved 12K one year ago today, drove mine out the door for 32K. I expect the mid sizes to reach saturation in six months then the deals will come.

I've been truck shopping with my daughter, and today I seen one that cracked $40,000. Several in the $38-39K range. The Z71 Crew Cab Long Box start at $35,300 before options.

The loaded LT and SLT CC LB with the 18's are the expensive ones.

Ive been following your post good luck on your search, a mid sized could be my next truck. Im waiting to test drive a diesel. There a few mid sized trucks in my area.

Archived