2000 Silverado driver seat removal

Have you looked at them closely? It's a fairly simple process involving 4 fasteners and possibly some wiring connectors (depending on your model). If I remember correctly they are external torx fasteners but a standard 6 sided socket will work.

I cant remember the sizes, but you can use a 6 point socket. I am pretty sure one needed is a 14 mm and the other may be a 16 mm. Use deep well

I can't tell which MY gmt800 you have but getting the updated seats would be a good idea. Were they from '05+?

03+, but in 03 a lot of the electronics were changed. So i doubt they would be plug and play.

As mentioned, the seats use inverted torx bolts. A six point socket will work if the bolts aren't installed and removed a bunch of times.

The seat anchor bolts are extremely tight; mine had LocTite on the threads. Be prepared with either a breaker bar or long ratchet so you can get some leverage on them.

• 6 months later...

Okay so I need to remove my seat because this happened to it:

94df78921c3694418a73010c50bc37be.jpg

Not sure how that happened, because I don't really put weight on it. Feel like some douchebag broke it when it was in the shop. Think that's repairable or do I need a whole new seat? If the frame in the back of the seat if broke I can weld it no problem.

Anyone know how to get the leather off without tearing it?

It's pretty easy to do but there are videos available on youtube concerning replacing the leather that will give you some insight on how to remove it. Must have been a big ole boy climbed up inside that truck.

The Seat Shop has some good how to videos....

Archived