Leveling a 2015 Sierra 2500HD SLT

After I got the drop shackles on, I installed a set of 1500# urethane foam Sumosprings in place of the stock axle bump stops.  They rest right on the axle when empty. By the time I put and ton and change in the back end, the pickup is just starting to approach absolute level and the Sumos are at their max resistance of 1500#.  Combined with replacing the stock Rancho shocks with a set of Bilstein 4600's, the ride is pure joy compared to stock.   And it is amazing how just putting on the 2" drop shackles makes it so much easier for me to get in and out of the box when I need to. My joints are paying the price for all the stuff I did in the military and they need all that help they can get.

Edited by Cowpie

On 2/12/2015 at 5:53 PM, Cowpie said:

I am going to level my 2015 soon. But I am going the other way. I am lowering the back with a $60 set of 2" drop shackles. Not worried about any squat, since if I am loaded heavy, the air bag suspension system I will be putting on will take care of that. I just don't like the rake.

I know this is an old post but I was curious how drop shackles on the rear and air bags worked when installed together.  I have a AirLift airbags on my 2015 2500HD and I reached out to AirLift about installing drop shackles and they said it would adversely affect ride quality.

2 hours ago, Jason Plank said:

I know this is an old post but I was curious how drop shackles on the rear and air bags worked when installed together.  I have a AirLift airbags on my 2015 2500HD and I reached out to AirLift about installing drop shackles and they said it would adversely affect ride quality.

I actually ended up dropping the back and installed 1500 lb SumoSprings urethane foam supports that replaced the bump stops.  Been that setup for quite a while now and I am very pleased with the result.  Once I put on Biksteinv 4600’s,  the ride quality is greatly improved over stock with this combo.  Wouldn’t change a thing.

Airlift is wrong.  I would have my doubts they ever tried it to see what the result would be.

Edited by Cowpie

13 hours ago, Cowpie said:

I actually ended up dropping the back and installed 1500 lb SumoSprings urethane foam supports that replaced the bump stops.  Been that setup for quite a while now and I am very pleased with the result.  Once I put on Biksteinv 4600’s,  the ride quality is greatly improved over stock with this combo.  Wouldn’t change a thing.

Airlift is wrong.  I would have my doubts they ever tried it to see what the result would be.

So you removed the drop shackles? Did you have issues with them?

3 hours ago, FLORIDAMK said:

So you removed the drop shackles? Did you have issues with them?

No, I did not remove the drop shackles.  They are still in place.  I installed SumoSprings instead of airbags.  They have equivalent properties as air bags without all the hassle.  Install and forget.

Edited by Cowpie