Replacement outside mirror source

So backing out of the garage the doorframe jumped out and bit my pass side mirror. Plastic outer frame is broken and glass is cracked.

Is just the glass replaceable?

How hard is it to replace the entire mirror assy?

This is on a 2006 Suburban, powerfold and integrated turn signal. Not sure about heated or auto dimming. The driver side is but I don't know about pass side in '06.

Best source for replacement glass / entire mirror assy?

Its pretty easy to replace, you have to remove the door panel and there are 3 bolts holding it on. I have done 4 (2 in my truck and 2 in our old tahoe). Between 30-60 min job

Ebay is your best source for a new mirror (takeoff)

Or try rockauto.com

I've bought my last two pairs from 1a auto. They also post great how-to videos.

Replacing the glass can be done, but it's a PITA and the glass is pretty thin. I'm batting .500 - tried it twice, broke the glass once.

Looks like the glass only is $145, the whole unit is $286. Personally, for $145, I wouldn't want to mess with trying to replace the glass only.

Here's the whole assembly - CLICK HERE

Replacement is easy. Watch a few Youtube videos and you'll be good to go.

I've never heard of 1a Auto. Are their parts pretty good quality or the cheapest possible Chinese junk?

Mine has a body color matching piece on the side facing the front of the vehicle. Can that pop off and go onto another mirror, say from a junk yard?

I've never heard of 1a Auto. Are their parts pretty good quality or the cheapest possible Chinese junk?

Mine has a body color matching piece on the side facing the front of the vehicle. Can that pop off and go onto another mirror, say from a junk yard?

I've had a pair of the HD tow mirrors on my truck for almost two years. No vibration in the glass, the hinges have held up well and hold tight, no complaints.

The shell does pop off, but it's also a PITA to remove like the glass. IIRC, it's held on by both 2-sided adhesive tape, AND three pop-out fasteners.

Archived