Wheel advice/opinion

I'm looking at a set of KMC wheels listed below and I want to make sure they are as close to the 20" OEM specs as possible. I don't want them sticking out or throwing rocks on my already patchwork GM warranted paint. I plan to put the tires listed below on them. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want these to cause a MPG decrease or have any other surprises such as decreased ride quality. I've never had aftermarket wheels.

KMC KM673 Satin Black Wheel 20x8.5 Boltpattern 6x5.5 ( 6x139.7 ) Offset 35 Hub Bore 100.5 Partnumber KM67328562735

Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire P275/55R20 111T

Thanks

As far as the tires go, these particular Michelin's are all season highway tires, so rock throwing should not be a problem at all. Should also be nice and quiet and give a good ride, fuel economy should also be as good or better than OEM. You'll be surprised they will provide ample traction as well. I just put on a set of Firestone Transforce HT's (was using AT's), they have pretty much the same tread pattern as the Michelin's and I was very surprised how much traction they had this winter, fuel economy on the highway went up as well.

As far as the sticking out part goes, I always recommend taking your truck to a shop that both sells the wheels and will mount the tires. Have them mount up a couple and put them on the truck to see how they fit as you want to see how the off-set compares to OE. A reputable shop that knows what they're doing can help you.

The wheel offset is about 8 mm away (inboard) from stock. The wheel width is half an inch narrower. Compared to the stock wheel parameters, the outer rim lip will "sunk" in about 14 mm or roughly 9/16" and inner rim lip will be 2 mm farther away from the vertical part of fender liner.

The wheel offset is about 8 mm away (inboard) from stock. The wheel width is half an inch narrower. Compared to the stock wheel parameters, the outer rim lip will "sunk" in about 14 mm or roughly 9/16" and inner rim lip will be 2 mm farther away from the vertical part of fender liner.

What are the stock 20inch specs?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a set of KMC wheels listed below and I want to make sure they are as close to the 20" OEM specs as possible. I don't want them sticking out or throwing rocks on my already patchwork GM warranted paint. I plan to put the tires listed below on them. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want these to cause a MPG decrease or have any other surprises such as decreased ride quality. I've never had aftermarket wheels.

KMC KM673 Satin Black Wheel 20x8.5 Boltpattern 6x5.5 ( 6x139.7 ) Offset 35 Hub Bore 100.5 Partnumber KM67328562735

Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire P275/55R20 111T

Thanks

I'm going from stock 18" to the wheels listed above. Any other opinions about the wheels or MPG?

I've searched and can't find a wheel weight for the factory 18 or 20 wheel anywhere. The wheel I'm considering is 33lbs

I just searched quickly, didn't find anything either.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived