2015 Silverado 4.3 Exhaust and 0-100mph video.

It's pretty ridiculous how some people try to paint the new 4.3l as "painfully slow" when it's as fast as previous gen V8s, and at most only a second slower 0-60 than the current 5.3l.

I hope you understand I wasn't saying that the 4.3 is painfully slow, I own one, and enjoy driving it a lot. I was just simply stating that I have driven the new 5.3 and compared to my truck, I didn't feel that it was leaps and bounds ahead of my 4.3

It's pretty ridiculous how some people try to paint the new 4.3l as "painfully slow" when it's as fast as previous gen V8s, and at most only a second slower 0-60 than the current 5.3l.

I hope you understand I wasn't saying that the 4.3 is painfully slow, I own one, and enjoy driving it a lot. I was just simply stating that I have driven the new 5.3 and compared to my truck, I didn't feel that it was leaps and bounds ahead of my 4.3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand, to me it seemed like your post agreed with me.

I was speaking more to the strange phenomenon I've encountered on this board of any time someone posts something about their 4.3l truck, some feel compelled to mock them like they are driving a GEO Metro 3 cylinder with a 25 second 0-60 time.

The new 4.3l has about the same power (in some case more) as the 4.8l/5.3l/5.6l V8s we've all been driving for the last 30 years.

The fact the new 5.3l has a bit more hp/torque than it used to doesn't make that level of power "horrendously unusable" suddenly, I've been pretty happy with our GM trucks from the 70s up until my last 2010. Towed a lot of fishing boats, hauled a lot of crap.

I don't get it personally. I can afford any truck GM builds, and I bought a pretty loaded 4.3l 2014 Silverado because it met my needs except for one. (and was pretty much the same as driving my 2010 5.3l) The only reason I don't still own it is the dealer told me there was no transmission cooler for it and they would void my warranty if I had an aftermarket put on it.

I'm old school and don't care if the new transmission fluids are safe to higher heat levels, I want an external cooler on a pickup. So I bought a 2015 5.3l.

I "could" have bought a 6.2 or a Duramax, but the money I didn't spend on power I don't need to tow my 2500lb boat I can blow on other stuff.

I'll admit when I consider buying a truck, the V6 engine would be last thing on my list of options for it. Well, besides some type of turbo system... I say, the 4.3 is impressive and I can see how it handle most of 1/2 ton owners needs. Today, I'd still opt for a V8 just for the simple fact of resell. Same reason I wouldn't buy a gas HD truck.

I'll admit when I consider buying a truck, the V6 engine would be last thing on my list of options for it. Well, besides some type of turbo system... I say, the 4.3 is impressive and I can see how it handle most of 1/2 ton owners needs. Today, I'd still opt for a V8 just for the simple fact of resell. Same reason I wouldn't buy a gas HD truck.

I am impressed with the 4.3 and saving the 6,000 dollars was hard to pass up but I do miss the sound of a V8. For now I will get the most out of this 4.3 and see what kind of power and numbers I can get out of it. Then in a couple years switch up to a Double Cab 4x4 with a 5.3

Archived