2015 Silverado 4.3 Exhaust and 0-100mph video.

Yes its tuned and posting todays times at the track in the race section. :)

What tune did you go with? Currently looking to tune my 4.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tuned V6 truck with aftermarket exhaust runs about as quick as a new minivan. Don't get me wrong, the V6 trucks don't run bad. But in todays world, they are still relatively slow when compared with other new vehicles, not just other V6 trucks.

Yes but I didn't buy a mini-van or car. I have a 5500lbs full size truck that can do a lot more and go places a mini-van can't. I bought a truck not for the performance but what it can do and what I need it to do. I am simply showing the improvements of what a tune does for even the 4.3 in these large truck. I know there are many faster more power engines in other cars and other vehicles but this is GM-trucks.com not mini-vans.com Regardless I'm damn impressed with this truck.

What tune did you go with? Currently looking to tune my 4.3

I went with Klug Performance. He is a local tuner in my area. He has tuned all my vehicles in the past 10 years.

I went with Klug Performance. He is a local tuner in my area. He has tuned all my vehicles in the past 10 years.

Ok, I was thinking about going with Black Bear, I already contacted them, and they said they have done a few 4.3s. Do you have any type of cold air intake? I was able to modify the Airraid MIT to fit.

I do not. I just have a K&N drop in filter and a Magnaflow 3" in dual 2 1/2" muffler. I heard great things about Black Bear. I think you'll be more then happy. What all did you have to modify for the CAI?

Sweet thanks! That means K&N CAI or the 5.3 Pro Charger kit will work with those mods too! If I had the 5300 I'd so try a Pro Charger on the 4.3

A pro charger would be an interesting add on. I want to try and get as much out of the 4.3 as I can. There might some haters that say we could of just bought the 5.3, but the deal that was offered on the 4.3 was too good for me to pass on.

A pro charger would be an interesting add on. I want to try and get as much out of the 4.3 as I can. There might some haters that say we could of just bought the 5.3, but the deal that was offered on the 4.3 was too good for me to pass on.

I had the 4.3l last year, and have the 5.3l this year.

I guarantee you that your experience driving the 4.3l isn't much different than the 5.3l guys.

http://www.0-60specs.com/chevrolet-silverado-1500-0-60-times/

I had the 4.3l last year, and have the 5.3l this year.

I guarantee you that your experience driving the 4.3l isn't much different than the 5.3l guys.

http://www.0-60specs.com/chevrolet-silverado-1500-0-60-times/

My Dad has the 5.3 and I've driven it a bunch of times, has a little bit more get up and go, but other than that I feel the driving experience is the same

My Dad has the 5.3 and I've driven it a bunch of times, has a little bit more get up and go, but other than that I feel the driving experience is the same

It's pretty ridiculous how some people try to paint the new 4.3l as "painfully slow" when it's as fast as previous gen V8s, and at most only a second slower 0-60 than the current 5.3l.

Are there minivans and cars as fast as the 4.3l? Sure. However; there are minivans and cars as fast as the 5.3l as well, and plenty of cars faster than the 6.2.

Pickup trucks aren't performance vehicles. Even a base model 6 cylinder Mustang is as fast in a quarter mile as a 6.2l Silverado:

http://www.0-60specs.com/ford-mustang-0-60-times/

My wife's soccer mom 6 cylinder Challenger will beat most Silverados on the road:

http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/dodge-0-60-mph-times/

It's just kind of pointless to say "My truck is a tick faster than yours! I am the speed king!".

The new 4.3l is ballpark last gen 5.3l performance, which means 90% of Silverado drivers on the road would be satisfied with its performance.

Personally I'm a little old for drag racing, but if I'm driving a pickup truck the fact a guy next to me at the lights in a Nissan Maxima sedan is likely going to beat me would pretty much drive thoughts of "My truck is a fast vehicle!" out of my head.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/nissan-0-60-mph-times/

You buy a truck to tow your toys around, or haul toys in the bed. They aren't race cars.

I buy trucks now because I always needed them for work and feel safer in them. Until recently I thought they lack power and modified to suit my taste. The only thing I tune for is the transmission and the V4 removal, the engines finally have plenty of power 4.3 included.

That tuned V6 truck with aftermarket exhaust runs about as quick as a new minivan. Don't get me wrong, the V6 trucks don't run bad. But in todays world, they are still relatively slow when compared with other new vehicles, not just other V6 trucks.

Pretty irrelevant when it comes down to it. Not everyone cares about performance, id say, 1/10 buyers care how quick a new truck will 0-60.

Fact is, the 4.3 is more than adequate for most half ton buyers.

Everyone has the mindset that "Well, I am pulling 2 Jet Skis now. Better get a quad cab, diesel dually,

... with wheels that look like daggers.

I almost got a 5.3 and hell I'd love a 6.2 but when the dealer I was at told me he had a Demo with a 4.3 that was 6,000 dollars less I gave it a test drive. I was very impressed with it stock and looked at its towing and hauling capabilities and realized it could do everything I needed it to. Kind of dumb not to save 6,000 dollars just to have a V8 I didn't need. I took it to the track just to see what kind of numbers it put down and that is when I saw it was quicker in the 1/4 then my old 2008 GMC Sierra Ext cab Z71 with a 5.3. My Sierra had CAI, manifold back exhaust with no cats, and a tune, With 30 more hp. and weighing less it was still slower then my current 2015 with a 4.3 That sold me on how good and capable these 4.3s are. the 19mpg city and 24hwy is nice too lol.

Archived