Would like an exhaust

What are your guys opinions on a good exhaust for a work truck? Looking to add a growl to my truck, and some extra hp.

Unfortunately I have an 2015 Silverado regular cab with an 6.5 bed. It's hard finding an exhaust to fit my model. I even tried looking for WeatherTech mats & they don't make those for my model..

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

What are your guys opinions on a good exhaust for a work truck? Looking to add a growl to my truck, and some extra hp.

Unfortunately I have an 2015 Silverado regular cab with an 6.5 bed. It's hard finding an exhaust to fit my model. I even tried looking for WeatherTech mats & they don't make those for my model..

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

You don't have to spend a thousand dollars for an exhaust system. (Maybe on a Vette!) I did a 14" Magnaflow with resonator and flapper valve delete, plus a stainless dual outlet tip. Cost was less than $300 installed. It sounds perfect. :cheers:

They make an exhaust kit for you truck...check out MBRP I recommend them. You will have to cut some of the inlet pipe off for the shorter wheel base.

RT

Great, I'm looking at their single side 3" cat back. $450 is a bit pricey, but that's much cheaper than some Magnaflow or Flowmasters.

I'm interested in looking at your build though, you should shoot me a pm with some images. I need ideas for my regular cab, I feel like they're pretty limited on what we can change.

I'm not the type to just buy a kit. I'd rather go to a shop that's good with exhaust and just have them build the exhaust however I want. It's also a lot cheaper that way. Just go to a good shop and tell them what you want. They should be able to give options if they've done it enough.

Great, I'm looking at their single side 3" cat back. $450 is a bit pricey, but that's much cheaper than some Magnaflow or Flowmasters.

I'm interested in looking at your build though, you should shoot me a pm with some images. I need ideas for my regular cab, I feel like they're pretty limited on what we can change.

Well actually I had everything from the muffler back taken out and had them put in a single in/dual out Flowmaster Supper 44 muffler and of course the tailpipes with the tips at 45° behind the rear tires all for less than $400. That's parts and labor. The muffler also has a black coating to help with rust.

I'm not the type to just buy a kit. I'd rather go to a shop that's good with exhaust and just have them build the exhaust however I want. It's also a lot cheaper that way. Just go to a good shop and tell them what you want. They should be able to give options if they've done it enough.

Well actually I had everything from the muffler back taken out and had them put in a single in/dual out Flowmaster Supper 44 muffler and of course the tailpipes with the tips at 45° behind the rear tires all for less than $400. That's parts and labor. The muffler also has a black coating to help with rust.

I may have to look into that. Whenever I check to see if these pipes fit my truck, they say they don't.. Though I feel like I have to make some trims to adjust and they would.

I may have to look into that. Whenever I check to see if these pipes fit my truck, they say they don't.. Though I feel like I have to make some trims to adjust and they would.

Like I said, all you got to do is go to a good shop that's good with exhaust and tell them what you want and they can just build you one. Much cheaper than any kit. That way you have it exactly how you want it instead of settling for what a kit has. I'm picky and stubborn so it's no way I would even get a kit unless it happens to be exactly what I want and doesn't cost more than if it was built from parts. The only difference is that the pipes probably won't be mandrel bent like most kits are. But, unless it's in a performance car it's not that big of a deal.. You can always say you want mandrel bent pipes and it would just cost a little more.

Like I said, all you got to do is go to a good shop that's good with exhaust and tell them what you want and they can just build you one. Much cheaper than any kit. That way you have it exactly how you want it instead of settling for what a kit has. I'm picky and stubborn so it's no way I would even get a kit unless it happens to be exactly what I want and doesn't cost more than if it was built from parts. The only difference is that the pipes probably won't be mandrel bent like most kits are. But, unless it's in a performance car it's not that big of a deal.. You can always say you want mandrel bent pipes and it would just cost a little more.

I wish I knew of some good shops around my town. I always have bad vibes with shops that I'm not familiar with. I guess getting an exhaust is different. It's worth looking into!

You don't have to spend a thousand dollars for an exhaust system. (Maybe on a Vette!) I did a 14" Magnaflow with resonator and flapper valve delete, plus a stainless dual outlet tip. Cost was less than $300 installed. It sounds perfect. :cheers:

Are those stock wheels? I'm really liking those, they look great!

I want to change out my wheels for the warmer seasons, then back to my chrome WT wheels when I snowplow again.

Are those stock wheels? I'm really liking those, they look great!

I want to change out my wheels for the warmer seasons, then back to my chrome WT wheels when I snowplow again.

Thanks! Yes, they are GM 22" Accessory Wheels (SEY), kinda pricey though. I think they run around $400-$450 each. I'm starting to see some pretty good looking knock offs on Ebay for about $250 each.

fe10c67a-5f9d-4fcd-9ecc-7953c8a084cf.jpg

Thanks! Yes, they are GM 22" Accessory Wheels (SEY), kinda pricey though. I think they run around $400-$450 each. I'm starting to see some pretty good looking knock offs on Ebay for about $250 each.

fe10c67a-5f9d-4fcd-9ecc-7953c8a084cf.jpg

My ideal wheels I would want would be to find a set of chrome after market wheels with a higher width than my stock wheels. Just enough to stick out about 1/2-1" to give my truck a little more of a stance. For a regular cab truck, she's not that small & with wheels like so I think it'd look good?

My ideal wheels I would want would be to find a set of chrome after market wheels with a higher width than my stock wheels. Just enough to stick out about 1/2-1" to give my truck a little more of a stance. For a regular cab truck, she's not that small & with wheels like so I think it'd look good?

I like lifted trucks with the tires slightly outboard, and lowered trucks with the tires slightly tucked. :cool:

I like lifted trucks with the tires slightly outboard, and lowered trucks with the tires slightly tucked. :cool:

Yes, exactly!

Ever considered taking off the plastic guard under the front bumper? I did that to mine & I personally think it gives the truck a more clean look. And my 3" leveling kit looks higher as well. I think yours would really look good too

Do a flowmaster super 40

Then just switch out the tip to a nice stainless steel one?

Archived