Click/Tick sound from front end at low speed and turning?

2 hours ago, Almboss said:

Having this issue, any one figure out what is going on? Just started hearing it this week on my 15.

So here is the messed up thing....I had mine all fixed and working great for the last month after replacing both front CV shafts  and just today I heard the sound start to come back faintly ?!  I haven’t even owned the truck 3000 miles but the guy before me replaced the front right now hub and the only other thing I can think it could be is possibly the left hub.  I was suspicious of it when I did the repair because the bearing showed lots of bluing (overheated) but seamed to be OK feeling by hand  and after I replaced the shafts the sound went away...  other things I’ve done within the last month are - front differential service (no chunks in oil). -  lubed slip yoke (u joint in marginal condition ). - new brake pads (rotors look good and work great). - Transfer case service ( fluid looked good and replaced with correct auto trac 2). - Rear differential service just for the heck of it.  So you can see I’ve put some time and work into this and a little frustrated I started to hear it today.  I’ll keep you posted after Hub swap Friday night. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps. I found a guy with the same problem in others posts (

Said the dealer took the wheel off and cleaned the contact points. I did the same over last weekend. Cleaned the rim face to the rotor face, cleaned the back side of the rotor to the wheel bearing / spindle. Put it all back together and i have not heard it. I will keep this updated since i have not put over 100 miles on it since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2015 at 10:26 AM, Kerrslight said:

Is it only when your turning? I've got a ticking sound in my steering wheel. Can't really hear it when moving, but when I'm sitting still and turn the wheel you can really hear it.

Any solution to this yet? Mine is doing the exact same thing, seems to be getting worse by the day..