In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
NitroDatsik

Let's see those level/lifted v6

19 minutes ago, Listen2hector said:

I know I'm late but I haven't changed none of the gears and another thing as of rn I am running 22x14 on 35s and my mpgs rn are at around 18 but whenever I had the 37s on the x14s I was getting 14 mpg and whenever I had the 26s on 315s I was getting about 16 mpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not calling you a lier man but I don't at all see how that's possible. are those city or hwy mpgs? I've got the 5.3 lifted with 35s on 20" rims and a tune with premium gas and I'm getting maybe 16 on the hwy, and I've got the 3.42 gearing. Only gear option on the 4.3 is the 3.23 right? How are you pulling 18 mpg while I assume running regular fuel? Is your speedo calibrated?

If thats real world MPG, which I find hard to believe, then rock on man. That's impressive for a tiny engine.

3.42 is an option for the 4.3 i have it in my truck. 3.23 i believe is reserved for 2wd trucks

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Not calling you a lier man but I don't at all see how that's possible. are those city or hwy mpgs? I've got the 5.3 lifted with 35s on 20" rims and a tune with premium gas and I'm getting maybe 16 on the hwy, and I've got the 3.42 gearing. Only gear option on the 4.3 is the 3.23 right? How are you pulling 18 mpg while I assume running regular fuel? Is your speedo calibrated?

If thats real world MPG, which I find hard to believe, then rock on man. That's impressive for a tiny engine.

Yea I don't see how he could get those numbers, if he does then I need to know his technique. I'm running 20x10 on 33s m/t with a 2.5" level and 3" spindle lift and right now hand calculated I get 14.5mpg on 87. That's going 70mph on Highway and 90% highway miles. When I was running 305-55-20 a/t I averaged 16mpg with the same driving style, also have a diablo tune to recalibrate speedo and turn off active fuel management. My gears are 3.23, real soon I'll be putting 3.73. And a detroit true Trac

2014 Silverado 2WT 4.3 V6

Instagram @egroj_legnar

YouTube.com/jorge_dropkick_rangel

Yea I don't see how he could get those numbers, if he does then I need to know his technique. I'm running 20x10 on 33s m/t with a 2.5" level and 3" spindle lift and right now hand calculated I get 14.5mpg on 87. That's going 70mph on Highway and 90% highway miles. When I was running 305-55-20 a/t I averaged 16mpg with the same driving style, also have a diablo tune to recalibrate speedo and turn off active fuel management. My gears are 3.23, real soon I'll be putting 3.73. And a detroit true Trac

Instagram @egroj_legnar

Rims size and tires is all I can say really whenever I had my avalanche 5.3 I had 20x12s on 33s and was getting 14 high way on regular fuel and then whenever I went to 22s on 33s it made a big difference you should try 22s you'll see and feel a difference the truck was pushing more with 37s and whenever I went to 35s it was trying as hard then it was with 37s that's one reason whenever I trade my setups I don't go no lower then a 22 and no tire size bigger then a 35

I do alot of driving and also I ran different rim and tires options from 20 on 33s to the 26s and for me 22s is the sweet spot I haven't got a chance to try 24s yet thou

It would seem like you're benefitting mostly from the reduction in weight with a larger wheel. I'd assume that generally speaking a tire is going to weight a decent amount more than a wheel for these larger setups. So by changing that wheel/tire ratio you are getting a lighter setup, thus less weight to move. That said I just find it hard to believe that you're getting those numbers with anything larger than a 33.

I do alot of driving and also I ran different rim and tires options from 20 on 33s to the 26s and for me 22s is the sweet spot I haven't got a chance to try 24s yet thou

Have you hand calculated? Fuel up to full, reset trip miles, drive until you need to refuel, divided miles driving on trip by gallons pumped. That will give you your real average.

Instagram @egroj_legnar

There are many variables impacting your MPG.  When I pulled into my driveway last night after delivering "meals on wheels"  my current  fuel consumption  read 20.0 L per 100 km.   Directly below on my DIC my "best" reads 10.0 L per 100 kms.  How and where you drive are huge influences.   I also know first hand that unsprung wheel weight has a significant impact on MPG but I wouldn't be confident in saying anyone here is not telling the truth.  However,  using my example above, I am more likely to brag about my 10 L per 100 Km!

d7f22e93ed6f530629de5aaf606818cd.jpg 2.5" level plus 3" spindle and 4" rear blocks

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

How’s it ride? And what brand spindle are you running? I currently have a 2.5” level and want to go up a few more inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s it ride? And what brand spindle are you running? I currently have a 2.5” level and want to go up a few more inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A cheap spindle off eBay. I think it was like $200. For the price I think it is very well worth it. Haven't had issues, quality is good.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, villad2 said:

What tires are those ?

Sick! 

On 10/27/2015 at 12:10 AM, NitroDatsik said:

Haven't seen a thread on this and I want to lift my truck so if there's anyone with a lifted v6 let's see it. This is my baby 14 Silverado 2wd 3.23 gears, 3" level running 305-55-20 falken wildpeak all terrain and 20x10 - 24 offset fuel hostage 404d7079c783f235e2e62308d44e99dd.jpg

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

With your -24 offset did you have to trim anything? And did you loose any power?