Easy, non-technical trails in the SoCal Area

KMK454

Does anybody know of any interesting non-technical trails in the SoCal area, specifically around LA?

When I say non-technical, what I mean is a dirt road on which there is a low probability of drivetrain damage, getting stuck, accidents, or exterior damage. Anything with a nice view is good, too! Basically, something that will make a city slicker truck feel like it's doing some sort of truck stuff, but not to the extent that the truck stuff prevents it from going back to being a city slicker truck...

I have heard Cleghorn has a basic trail to the top that avoids the tough spots, but can't find much information on anything but the technical areas. I've heard there are some interesting improved dirt roads through Mojave and some of the other deserts up north as well. Also, is there anything in Sequoia?

I have a stock 2500HD 4x4.

Thanks!

About 45 minutes south of Saugus, 210/110 area. Would be a quick drive. Nice looking suburban in your sig pic, and looks to be a nice trail spot as well!

Gotta break out of the parking garages... but nothing too crazy, because it'll be getting a wash and wax and going right back into the parking garage life.

Thanks for the compliment on my Burb,I've had a lot of fun with it.

Here's a video of the some of the terrain I play on.Fire roads,hills and some rocky,rutty areas.I'll let you be the judge if you want to tackle it.There are tons of fire roads up here,all are good for a beginner.

Have you neen watching the news lately where a road has buckled due to hillslide?That's Vasquez Cyn. Rd. and I live about 2 miles from it.

Having a little fun earlier this year.....

Archived