What year 6.0 Engines will fit - 2000 2500HD

Any 6.0L that does not have variable cam timing or AFM should be O.K..

300,000+ miles kind of makes you wonder what's the point of a diesel anymore!

No 6.0L has AFM does it? I haven't seen one, but I admit I have not seen every 6L made. Not really sure why VVT would be an issue in regards to a swap. Use a ECM that pertains to the engine.

The L76 in the Vortec Max trucks as well as the Hybrid trucks 6 liters all have afm. You aren't easily just dropping a gen 4 engine in a gen 3 truck. .. it's not plug and play nor even worth the trouble. I know one person who actually swapped the gen 4 controller into a gmt800. .. and ended up taking a gen 4 truck bcm as well as wiring and even the hvac controls from the newer truck as absolutely nothing worked.

OP just stick with gen 3 and you are fine.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

No.

The 2009 trucks run a 6L90e transmission. The 4L80e was never offered in those. Only another 6 speed transmission or rebuilding the current one will be a plug and play aside from possible programming needed. For sure a different transmission will be to be programmed with the correct VIN/OS to match the calibrations. Getting the original unit rebuilt would only need the transmission relearning features reset. A transmission shop would reset the learning stuff anyone with a rebuild.