Continental CrossContact LX20 ?

Bowtie_Beast

• 7 months later...

Looking into getting new tires. Does anyone run the Continental CrossContact LX20? Any experience in the snow? Did they affect mpg? They say with "EcoPlus Technology", but curious if they helped at all with mpg's.

Thanks

Did you buy these? If so, I am interested in hearing a review! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

These tires came stock on my 2014 Sierra SLE 4WD in the size of 275/55r20. They did great for me in all weather situations. Even got me through over a foot of snow and ice back in Feb 2015 with ease. Def would recommend to anyone. They clearly out perform the SR-As that come on some trucks.

These tires came stock on my 2014 Sierra SLE 4WD in the size of 275/55r20. They did great for me in all weather situations. Even got me through over a foot of snow and ice back in Feb 2015 with ease. Def would recommend to anyone. They clearly out perform the SR-As that come on some trucks.

Good to hear. My son has the same tires in the same size on his 2014 Silverado. They definitely are a good looking tire.

• 2 years later...
On 9/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, SirManny said:

Wow, I'm surprised to read this. 

I got to try out my LX20s in snow and ice for the first time last night.  While they certainly "got me through" I can't say I was impressed with their performance.  In 4cm of wet snow, 2WD performance was very poor.  4WD made it feel manageable, but not confidence inspiring.  I had to use plenty of caution around corners.  Braking was reasonable, but of course not excellent.  That said, it's been years since I've driven any truck tire in snow that was not at minimum, a winter rated all terrain.  I typically run fully siped winter tires, with nice soft rubber in the winter.  So, the LX20 simply can't compete with those. 

After about 7,500km, I'm not unhappy with the LX20 though.  Some reviewers complain of short tread life from these tires when used on full size trucks, but it's too early for me to comment on that.  They look decent for a highway tire, they are very quiet, and have given me good traction in wet weather so far.  I just won't be running them through the winter months.  I'll be putting my Goodyear UltraGrip Ice WRT LT tires on ASAP.

Edited by rkj__