Turning in my Ford

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, picked up the truck tonight. I'm very happy with my purchase :)

Question, I have a set of blizzaks from my f150, 275 vs the 265 on the Chevy...what are my options? Sell them?

If the rim size is the same they well go on the chevy rims. Drive for a little before you sell them you may not like the stock tires. Or flip on the blizzaks and wear them out first. Then put the stockers back on that way you will have the stock tires with good tread depth when you turn it in.

I'm leasing my truck too, and opted for the v6. Cheaper payment, cheaper to ensure, (marginally) better gas mileage, and if I do decide to keep it at lease end, my purchase price is killer.

It has plenty of get-up-and go in the power department, and actually tows more than the standard v8 configuration (3.08 gears). When a few people asked if I got the 8 after taking them on a ride they tried calling BS that it was a 6.

I don't do any towing with it, but if I did I'd be towing 3500lbs max, and I have done a few heavy hauls (1000lbs) and she runs like a champ.

5.3's are certainly more popular, but you know, everyone has to wave their man-card!

The 4.3 is rated at 7200lbs towing when you get the 3.42 and towing package. I leased mine as ive seen what other trucks look like here in the north after 4-5 years. I'm getting to the point where i don't want to work on my vehicles or pay to have it done. The truck pulls my 5800 TT just fine (I would not go thru the Rockies with it) but in the flat lands of the Midwest it has done just fine. It has just as much HP as the old 4.8 motor and real close to the early 5.3 numbers. I only tow once a month maybe twice from may to Sept. So for me I get the benefits of better mileage the rest of the year.

You two are way too sensible to be posting. I bought a 5.3, but it is hard to argue with the logic of the 4.3 in many situations, especially when the numbers are compared to trucks of just a few years ago. For many on this forum, it seems the more we have, the more we think we need.

Well guys, picked up the truck tonight. I'm very happy with my purchase :)

Question, I have a set of blizzaks from my f150, 275 vs the 265 on the Chevy...what are my options? Sell them?

The 275 will be a touch taller. Not by much. You will be fine.

275 is the width, not height. Look at the full measurements of the tires and you more than likely won't have any issues. Ex-275/55/20 55 is the sidewall height, 275 is how many MM wide, and 20 is the wheel size.

I am aware. But both tires have the same size rim at 18. Same aspect ratio at 65%. 65% of 275 is 178.75 mm. 65% of a 265 is 172.25. Those are your sidewall heights. Therefore... the 275/65 is a touch taller than the 265/65. To be exact. The 275/65r18 is 13mm or .512 inch taller than the 265/65r18

Archived