Leveled 15' 2500HD , what size tire can I go to?

I went with the Toyo's. Open Country Xtreme LT285 75r18. Certainly fills the wheel wells.  Cranked tbars 4 turns prevoiusly. No rubbing anywhere.   Made the truck just over an inch taller than the stock michelin's. 

20181021_120821-2419x1361.jpg

5 hours ago, 4x4Pete said:

I went with the Toyo's. Open Country Xtreme LT285 75r18. Certainly fills the wheel wells.  Cranked tbars 4 turns prevoiusly. No rubbing anywhere.   Made the truck just over an inch taller than the stock michelin's. 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:23 PM, Big ~O~ said:

Here is 285/75R18’s. I’m using Duratracs for my winter set up.

Both of your trucks look great, guys. I'm really starting to like that 285/75/18 size. Do either of you have any more pictures?

Here are a couple more pics.  Now I have about a thousand km on them.  They are a a little louder than the stock Michelins.  They are a 129 rating so the seem to ride a bit harsher than the stockers but they are aired up  70/60 psi to tow the travel trailer to storage.   Haven't lowered the pressure yet but I think that will make a huge difference. 

20181025_164926-3628x2041.jpg

20181025_165059.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 6:42 AM, 4x4Pete said:

20181021_120821-2419x1361.jpg

this is after you cranked them up?? 

2 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

this is after you cranked them up?? 

Yes. I got about an inch with that.  The new tires do fill the wheelwells though.  They are about 2.5" taller than the stock Michelins. I have been through some bouncy fields now  and  still no rubbing. 

285 75r 18 Ridge Grapplers, on 18 x 9 wheels with a +12 offset, like around a 5.5 inch backspacing. Tried to crank the stock keys, but wouldn't clear without cutting and beating, unwilling to do that to this truck. Put in some SDT keys, had them cranked to much, A-arms on drop stop, backed them off, trimmed the mud flaps in front, and bingo, no rubbing on the street. These are about as big in diameter as I could go without doing some drastic clearance.

IMG_1718.JPG

Edited by gearheadesw

• 6 months later...
285 75r 18 Ridge Grapplers, on 18 x 9 wheels with a +12 offset, like around a 5.5 inch backspacing. Tried to crank the stock keys, but wouldn't clear without cutting and beating, unwilling to do that to this truck. Put in some SDT keys, had them cranked to much, A-arms on drop stop, backed them off, trimmed the mud flaps in front, and bingo, no rubbing on the street. These are about as big in diameter as I could go without doing some drastic clearance.
IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.1944a5b70afcc7d23f844f994ddf0f88.JPG
So weird.... I'm running 305's on mine on the stock wheels, little rubbing at full lock [emoji2369]

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, rocnrol said:

So weird.... I'm running 305's on mine on the stock wheels, little rubbing at full lock emoji2369.png

I think my +12 offset has the wheel and tire sticking out further than the stock +44 offset by quite a bit. 34 mm is like and inch and a half, so the puts the tire closer to the rear of the wheel well when turned,  going straight is was great. Is a little weird, your tires are taller and wider than mine, and still fit. My trucks heavy, at 8,250 lbs with me in it.

• Like 1

I think my +12 offset has the wheel and tire sticking out further than the stock +44 offset by quite a bit. 34 mm is like and inch and a half, so the puts the tire closer to the rear of the wheel well when turned,  going straight is was great. Is a little weird, your tires are taller and wider than mine, and still fit. My trucks heavy, at 8,250 lbs with me in it.
Crazy

• Like 1