Aftermarket head unit. Post your pics.

I have a dnx891hd kenwood double din with everything including front and rear cameras gps, iPod, Sirius but after taking out of my Tacoma the GMC minus a front camera it has everything else. I'm just selling my kenwood double din instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a dnx891hd kenwood double din with everything including front and rear cameras gps, iPod, Sirius but after taking out of my Tacoma the GMC minus a front camera it has everything else. I'm just selling my kenwood double din instead.

Not sure what you're trying to say. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I didn't realize not all had 8" screen. And if someone needs a kenwood double din I have one for sale of wanting to swap out factory.

I've also found by changing interior speakers and using a processor for sound, the oem 8" screen does pretty much what I want. Can put cross over in line for mids and highs. I figured if someone wanted a good deck maybe Bc they don't have a 8" screen with all the goodies I then I have one available

Reception.

????

I guess I'm a little confused. The aftermarket deck will give you better radio reception? In the many years I've been into audio I don't know I've ever found that to be true.

Interesting thought.

• Like 1

????

I guess I'm a little confused. The aftermarket deck will give you better radio reception? In the many years I've been into audio I don't know I've ever found that to be true.

Interesting thought.

Yes and in the 20 plus years I've been in audio, I've never heard of it either until now. These vehicles factory radios have terrible reception. There is an entire thread on the issue. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156620-radio-reception-issues/

Edited by sealteem1
  • Like 1

Lol. Looks like we both are in agreement and about the same experience. Anyways I usually listen to iPod or Sirius anyways Bc radio stations by my house suck on the best of days. I gave up a long time ago. I know those new powered amplified antennas don't seem to do anything and are worse than factory for sure. Have to pay attention. I guess hard to tell here as the reception is bad no matter what.

• Like 1

Lol. Looks like we both are in agreement and about the same experience. Anyways I usually listen to iPod or Sirius anyways Bc radio stations by my house suck on the best of days. I gave up a long time ago. I know those new powered amplified antennas don't seem to do anything and are worse than factory for sure. Have to pay attention. I guess hard to tell here as the reception is bad no matter what.

Ive never in my life had reception issues until this factory radio. And I'm talking about only 10 miles from the radio stations and no mountains. It will be playing fine, then silence. Its worse if you go under power lines.

• Like 1

I'm actually a couple miles from the only country station in San Diego and this close I can barely pick it up. I move 15 miles away and with buildings and other obstacles including power lines its non existent. My radio skips over it. That's a disappointment but hell I usually don't listen to it anyways

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...